Halloween Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This thread was inspired by Dave's "New pneumatic prop" post and his use of a fancy prop controler. BTW - great job on that Dave! I haven't made the leap yet to high tech and Ohms law states that, "Russell will NEVER understand electronics." My props rarely make it thru mutiple seasons, often banished to the attic or scavaged for parts so I made up some generic controlers. Power, air, and audio input. Two or more air valves (I'm prefer Mac valves) to make a prop go up/down or in/out. Audio output via an automotive relay and power output for eyes or lighting all controled by a remote receiver/transmitter. Made to fit in a shoe box for ease of storage. If you are a patient Ebayer the parts should cost well under $100. Anybody else using "low tech" controlers?

controls.jpg

·
Registered
264 Posts
OK, those of us that are even more low tech than the ability to throw rocks could use some more in depth how to on this. Got any in progress pics? Or How to control what the white doo hickey with the red and black whire connects to?

·
Soccer and Lacrosse Dad
1,767 Posts
You've got me confused ..... I don't understand electronics but your Low tech looks hader to figure out than buying a High tech Scubaspook special and pushing buttons for $60.00. I have no idea where you began and finished so Conrgats to you for figuring out the low tech version.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Hi Russell! I'm honored I can inspire anyone, hahaha! But thank you :)
"Up down, in out"?? LOL Russell you're making my stomach hurt, LOL!
Last year I did use a wireless on/off switch to power my props and some solenoids. At first I was too nervous to tinker with any kind of electronics. I had a friend teach me more about it. Now I'm ok with it. The ScubaSpook controller is inexpensive and super easy to use :)

·
Registered
89 Posts
Man, I would love to figure out how to build economic pneumatic props. My 60 gallon compressor is dying to run for play and not work this season!

·
Registered
176 Posts
Man, I would love to figure out how to build economic pneumatic props. My 60 gallon compressor is dying to run for play and not work this season!
Wow, 60 gallons!? I'd start my own Disneyland with that many gallons :)
JK.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I stand in the bushes and throw rocks at people like Ernest T Bass. Is that low tech? Your setup looks good.
Yes low tech - wood, screws, automotive relay. I'd rather have a cool IC board with those electronic do dads. I do own an expensive soldering iron and have the ability to burn myself with it. I also got a breadboard but it made terrible sandwiches : - )

·
Registered
176 Posts
Yes low tech - wood, screws, automotive relay. I'd rather have a cool IC board with those electronic do dads. I do own an expensive soldering iron and have the ability to burn myself with it. I also got a breadboard but it made terrible sandwiches : - )
LOL, Russell, you're too funny! I needed a good laugh to start my day
:)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts