Halloween Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
Have a contest for most frightful dish. We did this once and everyone wanted to participate. We gave the winner a small prize (halloween themed kitchen mitts and towels). So for about $5 for the prize we got about $80-100 in free food that I didn't even have to cook!!!!

Everyone did fun halloween food that I never would have had the time for. Trust me it worked!!!!

·
Registered
668 Posts
Have a contest for most frightful dish. We did this once and everyone wanted to participate. We gave the winner a small prize (halloween themed kitchen mitts and towels). So for about $5 for the prize we got about $80-100 in free food that I didn't even have to cook!!!!

Everyone did fun halloween food that I never would have had the time for. Trust me it worked!!!!
This is THE best way to handle the situation that would also be fun.

·
Registered
51 Posts
We've always had Halloween potluck parties. We supply plates, napkins, eating utensils, and a couple of food items. Everyone else brings whatever food they feel like. The parties have always turned out great by doing it this way and a lot less stress on us too.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Love the competition idea.

I was going to suggest you get some clear plastic gloves (not the stretchy ones, ones like would come with a home hair dye kit) and some popcorn kernals. Pop your corn, let it cool and then fill up your gloves. They look like skeleton hands and should be really cheap too. You can even add a sweet to the bottom of each finger as a nail.

·
Registered
383 Posts
There is always Rice Krispies Treats. They're not very expensive to make if you use store brand Rice Krispies. There is likely a way to dye some of the krispies green and orange and mix them in to make it more festive, although I'm not quite sure how at the moment. I know I've done it before but it's been so long I don't remember. Surely there are other more inventive ways to dress them up though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts