Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am very interested in the low lying fog machine that spirit or really anyone sells. Does anyone have experience with it? Is it worth the $70 price tag?
Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
25 Posts
That's what I decided on doing instead of getting a low laying machine. There are a lot of great plans out there, I'm gonna try the vortex style, see how that works.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Can you go into detail on thie styrofoam ice chest? Sounds easy enough albeit never heard of doing it this way.

·
Registered
79 Posts
yea don't waist your money, to get crawl on the ground fog you have to chill it down a lot, those machines can't. you need ice cooler 2 or 3 bags of ice and hose to wrap around inside cooler. spend your 70 on that instead you'll be happier. paint the cooler up like a TNT box.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Very cool ideas on here. I need to see it built before I try; gonna youtube some videos. Thanks for you help.

·
Registered
5 Posts
That s a little vague regarding the size of the trash can.
With all the duct in there howmuch room is there for the ice?
Curious about this as well. So there's no direct contact between the fog and the ice right? Still works OK? Better than the kitty litter box with the shelf of ice and PVC pipe?

·
Registered
25 Posts
I've looked at all of the different designs (might have missed 1 or 2 lol) but I'm gonna do a kitty litter vortex design with Dry ice on top of the water ice to hopefully keep it colder so it doesn't bridge on me. Hopefully i'll get a chance to test it out before the big night.

·
Rutherford Manor Haunt
2,067 Posts
We made ours out of a sytrofoam cooler and dryer vent hose, etc. We pack it and the pipe extension we are running the fog to full of dry ice. It works well in the right weather conditions. In our area it is often pretty cold by Halloween, if it is windy or too cold we don't bother with it.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I've looked at all of the different designs (might have missed 1 or 2 lol) but I'm gonna do a kitty litter vortex design with Dry ice on top of the water ice to hopefully keep it colder so it doesn't bridge on me. Hopefully i'll get a chance to test it out before the big night.
Be careful when doing this! I mixed dry ice with water ice once and the dry ice ended up turning the water ice into a solid sheet of ice which then blocked the flow of fog from exiting the cooler. I recommend you do all dry ice or all water ice. Don't mix them unless you have a way to keep them separate so that the colder dry ice doesn't freeze the water ice together.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Be careful when doing this! I mixed dry ice with water ice once and the dry ice ended up turning the water ice into a solid sheet of ice which then blocked the flow of fog from exiting the cooler. I recommend you do all dry ice or all water ice. Don't mix them unless you have a way to keep them separate so that the colder dry ice doesn't freeze the water ice together.
Thanks for the heads up, perhaps I'll stick to water ice. If I get my but in gear, I might still have time to test both out.

·
Registered
261 Posts
We actually save pop bottles all year and then I fill them with salted water and freeze them before Halloween. Then the night of we weave the hose around the frozen pop and spray it all with water. It works like a dream!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts