Halloween Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was surfing around & came across this web site. I had knew the haunted Barn won this competition But this is the 1st time I found the entries. Theres a lot of good decorating ideas in the 10 pages of videos. Hope you can find something you can use! Not to bad>>>$25,000.00 on your mortgage, what a nice prize!!

HOME IS WHERE THE HAUNT IS - FEARnet

Muffy

·
Registered
725 Posts
That is great! I will have to watch more later. Lots of good ideas. I have been trying to picture how to layout my garage and this gives some good ideas.

·
Girl Gone Mad
1,638 Posts
I really wish I had more room to decorate and more money to indulge! I live at home with mom and dad (please don't laugh without knowing the whole story!) and they aren't exactly enthusiasts to my particular interests. A few decor here and there and candy for the little ones but that's about as extreme as they get. Sigh!

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Si-cotik....listen just try to buy a few things each year. I did that for 40 years & now I got so much stuff there ain't even room to display it all!!

We always have boxes of halloween stuff left over that we don't have room for. And its worse with my Xmas decorations. But seriously the key is to getting a few things each season. And now something new for us at my house is this building of our own props since I joined the forum . Its really a lot easier than I thought.

Now granted the larger projects take money to buy the materials but I watch craigs list a lot & on the larger projects I just buy a few things a month & then when we have everything we build the prop. Between the big stuf, I'm trying to stay on track now with making little things.

See I mentioned up there about having no room for the stuff I have but still I see so many new things to build ......I can't help myself!!lol

I think a big key to control is marrying a mate that does not like halloween. That balances everything out. If I was married to someone that loves halloween as much as me.......we would be in serious $$$$$$$ trouble!

Muffy

·
Girl Gone Mad
1,638 Posts
Lol I agree about the money trouble, but then you also know you're going to have help making all the wonderful things, more ideas, and less stress with a spouse who complains all the time.

As far as storage, I don't even have room for my normal every day stuff...lol...so there would definitely be no storage for the halloween projects unless I could fit it all under my bed in one small box.

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thats the only part that is easy!lol My ex hubby builds all my halloween props & he's good at it BUT he took this correspondence course for fixing small engines & I'm still in shock at the amount of people that found out about him so fast. I mean we got people coming here all the time & MY HALLOWEEN STUFF got put on hold>>>>>>>I'm so mad at him!!!lol

Muf

·
Registered
329 Posts
I agree with you, Muffy, I've only been collecting bits for the past few years but already am struggling with where I will store this year's additions :eek:
You will build a collection over time to be proud of, I'm sure Si-cotik :)

Also, great link Muffy, thanks for that!

·
Registered
668 Posts
Si-cotik do you have a friend who enjoys halloween also perhaps you could help them to decorate and do a party with them? I know how it is to have parents who don't like to do things like decorate for Halloween it was always like that with mine. My mom now that I've moved out will finally decorate (she says it reminds her of me being home). (She also lives a block away so sometimes even if you move out they follow you :p, I do all of her errands for her as she's not well enough to really leave the house often.)

Also I think if I were to ever divorce my current husand one of my top priorities with a new one is someone who will help me with decorating and love holidays as much as I do. Currently my husband complains most of the time and then I'm stressing to get everything out in time. :(

·
Registered
13 Posts
I agree living with your parents does make it hard. Mine allowed me to decorate but I had to do everything the day of my party. Also my party had to be close enough to halloween that they did not have to look at it for very long. I could not go into the details I wanted. Now that I have moved out and can decorate when and how much I want I have so many ideas I dont know where to start. Problem I have now is I want to have a party this year and my apartment is to small for all my friends. A friend and I was thinking of renting a hall this year together and doing the Love never dies/ dead wedding party. Both if us recently out of relationships. She needed to use her wedding dress (she never got to use) for something. lol. So goodluck.

·
Girl Gone Mad
1,638 Posts
I do have a friend who is somewhat into it, I don't know exactly how much, but she didn't think much about decorating her place this year because she had so much to do we probably wouldn't have time. Oh well, I think I have my dad almost worked over for haunting the trucks, he's even helping me get ideas. (Just wish I didn't hear that speech about needing to save money for more important things....I'm so sick of the important things...they made me miss out on vacation...what an aggravation! All work and no play makes Si a dull girl!)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts