Halloween Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
6,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will NEVER do a party the same weekend as Halloween!!!:eek:

I am EXHAUSTED. Halloween party was last night, and our last guest left at 4:30 am. We got to bed around 5 am. It will take me weeks to actually get around to getting all the inside decorations down and packed away.

And we HAVE to get the yard put away TODAY. :(

We had a good party tho. Great costumes, lots of fun playing "tempt your fate" and no crazy drunks this year. (the friend that came last year that was already halfway through a bottle of Jack, came sober and just did beer all night - he was buzzed, but no passing out or insanity).

Here is our most creative costume winner:

She is a pinata - and even brought a stick and would throw candy when tapped. :D

A couple of our friends and hubby in the middle - he had a blast scaring people by pretending to be a static prop in the yard... and then slowly walking up to them. I did the aging and painting on his coveralls, and they looked way better than any of the "officially licensed" crap fabric costumes.

The skeleton won scariest, and the flapper won most glamorous.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Yeah, great pictures. Thanks for sharing. I was trying to figure out the costume before I read what she was. Great original idea....

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
great pictures! great job on hubby's coveralls, and that pinata costume and throwing candy at people when they poked her is such a creatively wicked idea, thumbs up to her:) Thanks for sharing your pics

·
Devilishly Dutch
5,920 Posts
Our guests stayed till 6:30 pm the next day! haha
Everyone who wasn't spending the night were gone by 4 am.
I woke up at 9 am the day after and couldnt get back to sleep.
Our overnighters from The Hague are 2 fantastic women who always pitch in and help with the cleanup the next day. Since they stayed so late yesterday, they not only helped clean up but also helped pack it all in!

Nic pics. Glad you were able to have your party and that it turned out to be a good one.

·
Ravenous Zombie
1,196 Posts
Nice party pics! Same here, no way I'm holding a Halloween party on actual Halloween night. After that, it seemed like Halloween went too fast for me. Still have some dribs and drabs to put away and am exhausted - it takes awhile to get over it. We will likely have our party the weekend before as we used to and then get to enjoy Halloween the following weekend.

Love the pinata costume, and you did a great job on your hubby's outfit.

·
Valkyrie Of Halloween
2,435 Posts
Looks like it was a blast!
Great costumes!
Since Halloween is on Saturday in '09 I am considering having my party that night. Takes me weeks to put the stuff up and then away so why not have all the trouble done with on one night.

Why do you have to have the outside all done the next day? HOA?

·
Don't Drink and Fly!!
2,959 Posts
Great pics, Frankie's Girl!! The costumes were great, especially the pinata, how clever!! I REALLY like your Metropolis poster, very nice (I'm a movie buff as well as a Halloweiner ;))

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
6,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Looks like it was a blast!
Great costumes!
Since Halloween is on Saturday in '09 I am considering having my party that night. Takes me weeks to put the stuff up and then away so why not have all the trouble done with on one night.

Why do you have to have the outside all done the next day? HOA?
We have a neighborhood association, but they are a good one that never has written us up for our decor (or the fact that we stop mowing the month before). I just want to get the yard stuff up because there is always the temptation for someone to damage or steal stuff... they might figure that we're going to toss stuff and just start messing with it. And the fact that I'm trying not to disturb my neighbors any more than I already have with my weirdness. :eek:

Oh and there is NO WAY I'd do a party the same night as Halloween! Having them one right after the other was exhausting, and doing both the same night? I love sitting outside on the porch seeing the reactions to the yard, so I'd miss that if we had the party the same night. I would think that it would also make it feel like it was over too fast too. :( If we do decide to do both next year, we'll do the party the week or two before Halloween - we did that last year and it was a blast and made the season seem much longer!

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
6,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Great pics, Frankie's Girl!! The costumes were great, especially the pinata, how clever!! I REALLY like your Metropolis poster, very nice (I'm a movie buff as well as a Halloweiner ;))
COOL! :cool: That is one of my favorite movies, and DH got me that poster framed for my birthday a while back. Most people have no idea what it is, especially since it's in German.:rolleyes:

Then they get weird when I tell them Maria the robot was the inspiration for C3PO... :eek:

We also have two reproductions of "Casablanca" and "North By Northwest" over our bar.

DH is a MAJOR movie buff, and he's one of those weird ones that can even tell you date of release, director, etc... :rolleyes::D I just happened to love old movies as well, so it worked out quite nicely for us!

·
How about a magic trick?
1,002 Posts
cool costumes....very cool indeed

Great pics and story...

See, this is why I started planning my Halloween party in August....I kid you not...

I held mine the Saturday before H-ween night. It started around 7:30 and the last guests left around 1AM...long enough for me...no way I'd have it going unti 4 or 6 in the AM...no way...it took me about 1 hour to clean up and take all the trash out (twice) Thank God for paper plates, cups, and napkins...lol...

Next year if I do have a party, it will be the weekend before (even though H-ween falls on a Saturday)

Plus it gives me an excuse to dress up twice :D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts