Halloween Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Seer of All
2,939 Posts
Sorry to hear that but it does seem to be a growing trend this year. Lots of threads on the same subject. I thought I would be there too but I somehow pulled out of my funk in the nick of time. I understand the feeling though. Hope to see you back next year! :)

Reactions: scareme

·
Registered
317 Posts
i was on the verge of not setting up this year as well, due to not getting my MIB and ankle blaster not finished. those are pretty small dilemmas but i guess when i took a final look at my monster mud reaper last night, i decided to put everything out. i guess ill have to put those two projects to work for next halloween.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I'm in a lull because of the amount of prop building we took on. But I'm pressing forward because we already have half of it out in the front yard.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Don't worry. Take it easy this year, enjoy other displays, watch some spooky movies and relax! Haunting should be fun. Maybe next year you'll be back with new vigor :) happy halloween

·
Registered
109 Posts
Right there in the same boat as you. Whether you choose to do "Halloween Lite" or just keep the lights off that night, I hope you have an enjoyable Halloween all the same. :cool:

·
Psychic or Psychotic?
714 Posts
This is why we only go big on Halloween every other year. I always decorate outside but I tone back my walkthrough to alternating years. I also limit my Halloween audience to close friends and family. They are the ones who really appreciate my hard work. As a matter of fact it's been 3 years since my last big Halloween. I took a year off because of my daughter's wedding. I almost took this year off too but then I realized I needed a Halloween break.

I don'lt know if it will work for you but sometimes taking a break can help freshen the spirit. Just sit back and enjoy the time of year. Maybe take a trip to someplace that bolsters the Halloween spirit. Sometimes we burden ourselves to the point where the fun is gone. If that's the case then step back and decide where you want to go next.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I'm so very glad to see that I'm not the only one that's not feeling into it as much this year. Everything's just off for some reason. Thank you for sharing that.

·
Registered
344 Posts
I agree with the above advice, take it easy - maybe enjoy some of the attractions this year. I was delaying working on our haunt this year as it seemed too overwhelming for just me to pull off, but my oldest daughter stepped up and helped all last weekend and we should have a great one this year. It sounds like the harshest critics are ourselves.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I guess some folks drift into it, and some drift out of it. It's my first year for any real yard display, and I cannot wait to start on next year's.

Hopefully the radioactive infecting bed bugs bite and you'll be back in force for 2015.

·
Halloween Elitist
2,892 Posts
I guess some folks drift into it, and some drift out of it. It's my first year for any real yard display, and I cannot wait to start on next year's.

Hopefully the radioactive infecting bed bugs bite and you'll be back in force for 2015.
Feels awesome when you haven't even gone through your first year of a display and you are already thinking about next year's plans..

·
Registered
13 Posts
You just need to take a year off and recharge your Halloween battery. I agree with other posts, watch some scary movies, figure out what still spooks you and you will get your mojo back for next year!

·
Purely and Simply....EVIL
960 Posts
I feel the same way! I LOVE LOVE LOVE Halloween but it just hasn't happened for me this year! Im hoping to decorate some tomorrow...but just having a really hard time getting into it! I think part of the problem is the I have SO MUCH stuff and I'm so overwhelmed that I just don't know where to start so I give up. :( Hoping going to a Halloween party will get me into the Spirit! I haven't even watched any scary sitcoms this week which is so unlike me!

Reactions: PennyCash

·
Registered
293 Posts
Don't force it if it's not there. Take it easy and enjoy the simplicity of the season. Passion for Halloween (like all things) is a marathon, not a sprint. Sometimes you have to step back and appreciate what's happening around you. Let somebody else do the work for once!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts