Halloween Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone, I 'm new at this. Hoping you can help.
We live on 120 acres timber/pasture and want to host a "Lost in the Woods" Halloween party with a group of close friends/family (25 at the most).
We are planning to project "the Blair Witch Project" out on a point surrounded by trees with laptop and projector for part of the evening's entertainment. Considering a night hike afterwards, but looking for good "i'm so scared I peed my pants!" frights. Have access to three actors unknown to the group. Also looking for ideas to decorate the house, everyone will be staying for the weekend. I want to make some owls.

·
Registered
147 Posts
How about a "Hunter becomes the prey" scenario? Where u come upon a scene where the deer/bear/rabbit has caught himself a hunter...u can go as gory as u want, or not, and still make it REALLY scary at night in the woods! Flood the whole scene with red light for a start and if u can get your hands on some hunter-type gear, like tree stands, camo netting, etc that would really work. If not, just have a tent and do the base camp.

Open woods to do with as u please? OMG, u r going to have SOME FUN!

·
Registered
75 Posts
One thing you could do is have an actor walk through with the group as they are just another person and at one of your scenes, have another actor come out of the woods and drag them away. Always one of THE BEST scares.

·
Registered
162 Posts
in the woods you should have hanging some of those little stick figures like in the movies, and just have someone really far off in the distance make some of those weird noises too.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Set up a camping tent in the woods - all mangled, ripped, camping gear strewn about. I don't know how you could apply that though.

Or, have 1 or 2 of your "unknown to the group friends" act like they're camping on your property - play it off like you have no idea who they are. Set up a mock scare - one that your group might expect, then run across these guys and make sure they understand it's not part of the 'tour'. Give them some rifles and you've got yourself a lawsuit-style scare.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The rifles might be taking it a bit too far, but good idea! We were going to avoid the "camping" idea and go instead for spooky creature infested woods. Have any ideas on that?

·
Shadow Crosser
741 Posts
Okay...spooky creatures just screams for weird foot prints, claw marks and maybe a hank of fur here and their. Leave some torn bloody cloths and a boot to show it's/they have taken a victim. If you can get your hands on some led's, set up some glowing eyes in the bushes and a sound track of growls. Maybe even drag marks in the dirt. While hiking have one of the actors run across the trail screaming bloody murder. That'll put the chill in everyone.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Well I'm a hunter and fisherman and we did this theme last year and will do it with a different twist this year. If you want high startles this was the best last year........there I was seated in my camo chair hunting blind tuck between 2 large bushes on our backyard trail. My blind has a mesh screen so I can see out but nobody can see in. With me I had a deer grunt call and a rattling antlers box. The guest would walk within a few feet from me and never see the blind or me. I also had remote sound decoys on the other side of the trail to distract them and make them look the other way and oh my I never had so much fun and heard so much screaming. I would blow my call loud and rattling at the same time......they would jump out of their skin.very creepy animal sounds if you never heard them. We had wolf howls, animated striking snakes. This year we are looking at using a Gillie suit (3-d camo sniper outfit) that looks like a bush and let me tell you now you would walk right by it and even brush the suit and never know somebody's about to jump up are sneak up on you from behind. I'll post some pics here later on on my chair blind set-up (set-up is the key....needs to be well hidden and match the terrain perfect). PS......after I post the pics you tell me in broad daylight if you can find....hee....hee. Oh gosh it was so effective and sneaky I'm gonna do it again this year !!

·
Registered
916 Posts
You cant go wrong with distant animal noises that contiue to grow closer. Footstep through the woods all around you when you can t see is also very effective. I would reconsider the old camp site idea...the older the better!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Bozz- the calls are great, I'm sure I can borrow some from my dad. And we're definitely doing the footprints and skidmarks/clumps of fur ideas. Do you think anyone will be willing to just "take a walk" after seeing the movie though? How are we going to lure people out into the woods with out it seeming like a setup?:confused:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts