Halloween Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided that instead of uploading these files in a one by one thread, I'd upload these to my Keep and Share account, below is a list of the available files, each one is a direct link to that file. Some are no longer online, you will see some that are obviously still online (there is one here by our own UnOrthodox). The reason I downloaded these in the first place was to make a reference file for myself, the reason I share them now is so this isn't lost, we've already lost way more than this over the last few years.You will either get a Word File or a .pdf file depending on what it was when I uploaded it.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
361 Posts
Unfortunately I get the following message.

"This file can not be viewed or downloaded because the owner of this file, <removed> 50 megabyte bandwidth for today has been exceeded. Please try again tomorrow OR encourage the owner of this file to upgrade their account to paid status to allow almost unlimited downloads by visitors like you."

Maybe you can just upload a zip file to the thread with all the files in it?

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll try, I can't believe the trouble I'm having getting this information out.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
These links are working now - looks like the amount I uploaded all at once was the culprit for it not working

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah I downloaded some of these from Monsterlist too, if we don't do something about preserving the work of those who came before us, this hobby will eventually die out. Just think, what would have happened if Scott Axworthy's plans weren't preserved on-line, we would have lost an iconic prop. How many props have we lost that had that kind of potential? I'm glad there are builders out there like us that care, preserve the past to build the future of our hobby. The sad thing is there's only so much I can recover from a dead link or website, I can usually recover the text, but often times the photos that make it a worthwhile tutorial are gone, it all depends on how long the site has been dead.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Halloween-L might just as well be down with how many dead links they have, I've never been to ghostdroppings, so can't comment on it. I found this sight way back in the day by searching for how-to make skulls and found a post by UnOrthodox. I read that thread through, and decided I'd join to read other people's threads and ask questions, been here ever since, but started building my own props about 10 years before coming on here. It really surprised me at the time how many of us there were out there.

·
Registered
859 Posts
if we don't do something about preserving the work of those who came before us, this hobby will eventually die out. Just think, what would have happened if Scott Axworthy's plans weren't preserved on-line, we would have lost an iconic prop. How many props have we lost that had that kind of potential? I'm glad there are builders out there like us that care, preserve the past to build the future of our hobby. The sad thing is there's only so much I can recover from a dead link or website, I can usually recover the text, but often times the photos that make it a worthwhile tutorial are gone, it all depends on how long the site has been dead.
There are a number of tutorials even here on Halloween Forum that are missing pictures thanks to the change in Photobucket's policies. I read the tutorial and wonder what marvelous thing they created from the comments that are made about it. But the actual prop itself is no longer viewable.

I don't think that what we do will ever die out, but losing those who came before us means that so much of what we do will be reinventing the wheel. The props we have to create on our own may very well be the ones that were created years before, but never saved or shared. Now that is one very scary Halloween story that should never be repeated.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
There are a number of tutorials even here on Halloween Forum that are missing pictures thanks to the change in Photobucket's policies. I read the tutorial and wonder what marvelous thing they created from the comments that are made about it. But the actual prop itself is no longer viewable.

I don't think that what we do will ever die out, but losing those who came before us means that so much of what we do will be reinventing the wheel. The props we have to create on our own may very well be the ones that were created years before, but never saved or shared. Now that is one very scary Halloween story that should never be repeated.
A great example of this is Terra's Beloved, I find examples of this same type of tombstone prop going back to the early 1990's on the internet. Who knows how many times this prop has been recreated?

·
Registered
629 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts