Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you guys have a dedicated area to build and stage your halloween stuff in? What's it look like?

We live in a house that was built in 1910, no garage. I did get half the space in the cottage out back, but it's been made into my gym area. Told my DH I'd leave his part of the cottage alone, which is his office for our business ..thinking a crafting table would fit nice in there about now! ;) He uses my gym after all.

So .. I've been trying to keep my regurge to the back table off the kitchen ..which normally looks like the first picture.

Second pic is how it looks right now .. Soon I'll be done and stuff will go back into storage .. Kids will be pleased they are no longer pushing paint, faux candles, skellies, boxes out of the way to eat breakfast. :p Not to mention people coming in the house , like the kids friends .. Who eye it wearily ;)

Wonder if I can eek out room in my gym for a crafting table .. My Dh has a tanning bed in there .. I hate the stupid thing ..seem like it should go in his office ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
I've used that same term to describe my place. I figure as long as I have walkways through the house, I'm good. I don't set up the outside until the day of, so I'll have another week of this mess yet.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I'm not sure I'm brave enough to post pics of my single car garage which has a 6' metal lathe, 80 gallon compressor and a 6X4 steel workbench. I usually have 3 clean foot sized areas and it takes a hop, skip and a jump to get across it, lol. Let me get my camera and I'll show you insanity!

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have the whole back yard , when it's nice out and I'm going to make a lot of dust or I'm working with power tools I head out there. On chilly mornings/days .. Especially for crafting stuff .. The lure of the wood stove in the back room and hanging out with a cup of coffee/tea calls to me .. I need to find a niche to do this stuff in.

·
Human Candy Shovel
1,107 Posts
Actually, it looks more like a moving van vomited, rather than Halloween. :D

I have a rolling work bench with a notch where I can mount the tabletop power tools,and enclosed storage underneath for all those power tools. When there is work to be done, I just roll it out into the driveway.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Okay as a public shaming and motivation to get my act together (and what's sad is it's clearing out, lol) Anyway, yeah, this is my mad lab and all it's uhm glory
Halloween 207.jpg Halloween 207.jpg

Halloween 208.jpg

Don't even ask me why a black light is on my lathe
Halloween 209.jpg

You can't see it very well but that's web page on puter screen is where I steal all your ideas from and claim them as my own 8^o
Halloween 210.jpg

Anyway, time for some clean up...ohh shiny 8^)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Do you guys have a dedicated area to build and stage your halloween stuff in? What's it look like?

We live in a house that was built in 1910, no garage. I did get half the space in the cottage out back, but it's been made into my gym area. Told my DH I'd leave his part of the cottage alone, which is his office for our business ..thinking a crafting table would fit nice in there about now! ;) He uses my gym after all.

So .. I've been trying to keep my regurge to the back table off the kitchen ..which normally looks like the first picture.

Second pic is how it looks right now .. Soon I'll be done and stuff will go back into storage .. Kids will be pleased they are no longer pushing paint, faux candles, skellies, boxes out of the way to eat breakfast. :p Not to mention people coming in the house , like the kids friends .. Who eye it wearily ;)

Wonder if I can eek out room in my gym for a crafting table .. My Dh has a tanning bed in there .. I hate the stupid thing ..seem like it should go in his office ;)
:D I absolutely love your stove!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Anyway, time for some clean up...ohh shiny 8^)
Ha .. That's how I am too .. Shiny, happy, sad .. ADHD :D See but really that's how a workshop is pretty much supposed to look, it looks like you're doing stuff and being productive .. I'd kill for a space I could contain the mess and close the door on it.

Blarghity .. Sort does look like I'm getting to move out ;) I try to keep like stuff and projects in the works in boxes so it's easier to move here and there. Some of the stacked boxes are actually projects.. The grandinroad box, with the other one on it are getting ready to become an equipment stand to hide my projector and equipment. I have a whole box of candles drying right now .. Getting the heat gun and coat hangers out to make a box of corpses pumpkin limbs next. My life in a box! :D

Attachments

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Jally .. Thank you! It's a 1940 Tappen and still works like a dream! :) I looked high and low for one ..It's one of my favorite parts of the kitchen.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Also .. Really, if you have a squeaky clean workshop/room/studio ..it might look great .. But for the most part nothing ever significant probably gets built there. My best friend is a potter and have quite a few friends that are artists. Their studios usually are nuts!! But ..the work that comes out is amazing. Most creative thinkers and doers aren't normally the neatest people. ;) not always so, but by and large pretty true.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Forget Halloween, skeletoncrew - I am seriously drooling over your kitchen! Gorgeous!
Thank you! The house has been a labor of love for me over the years .. It needed a lot of work, but I've enjoyed seeing it come around.The kitchen looks bare in these pics, I had just repainted it. It has curtains and a lot more nick kacks in it now ..

I put pics up for you in the off topic section of the house if you'd like to see them :)

http://http://www.halloweenforum.com/off-topic-stuff/139433-house-pics-madame-leota.html#post1705957

The cows says boo :)

Attachments

·
Registered
114 Posts
I feel your pain. Even with the shed dedicated as a prop-building space Halloween has thrown up all over my back patio, the shed, my kitchen, and laundry room. Oh, and the front yard too of course. ;)

·
Halloween Elitist
2,890 Posts
I think of it as an organized mess, you know exactly where everything is and you need to see it out in the open instead of it inside a bin so you can remember you have this and that...you know what they say out of sight out of mind

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Well, the pain in the butt part is where in the he!! did I put the duct tape? You know you just laid it down, but cant find it anywhere. I try to keep a bucket with my small tools and religiously put it back as I work - but occasionally I am a heathen and forget.:D
That's why you buy six rolls. Then you should be able to find one when you need. Unlike the heavy duty stapler. We have four. I do manage to find one, but it never has staples in it. I swear, I can put staples in it, go answer the phone, and when I get back it's empty. And don't get me started o all the stupid different sizes the staples come in. Never the right size for the stapler I'm holding.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Most of the stuff is down from the attic and in the living room (which is a practically unused playroom right now). I'm not a fan of clutter, but it beats hauling it all down two flights of steps on Halloween or the night before.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts