Halloween Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Horror off the Highway
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Holy crow! I am so impressed with what I found. I founds lists online that have some very old cemetaries. Ii even lists abandoned and lonely grave sites in the area.

I am taking my camera and going on a history tour! :D

·
Girl Gone Mad
1,651 Posts
sounds like me, I was looking up some events in the area desperate for something to do (found quite a few BTW that I didn't know about and planning to try and make everyone of them)...and while at it there are going to be a couple of cemetery walks, and there will be a cemetery that I didn't even know existed and I grew up here! Crazy! So I'm going to look for it. It's an old confederate cemetery, and the history is VERY interesting. Such as people hid among the tombstone hiding from the soldiers that were burning their homes. Didn't know that....hmm...what else can I find?

·
Horror off the Highway
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow, that sounds very interesting. It's great when you look up local cemetaries online that you find out a bit of history as well.

How about anyone else? Have you looked up you own little peice of history lately? :cool:

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
When I was a kid in Northeast PA we would visit an old abandoned cemetery about an hour's walk from us. It was in the town of in Plymouth. A stereotypical abandoned cemetery - overgrown bushes, vines, toppled tombstones split by treegrowth, While I wasn't scared (more curious about the inscriptions) the creepiest part to me was the sunken gravesites. It reminded me what was under there, and WHY it was sunken. I've often wanted to go back there to see what, if anything, still exists...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts