Halloween Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last year I was able to win several costume contests for my "grim reaper" costume. I Love the costume a lot and want to use it again this year, but want to add some more props or up the ante in some way.

Ideas?

I've attached a photo

Costume Contains:
  • My Robe & Garb (Weathered) - Bought it at target
  • A Staff I Built
  • A skull I crafted & added laser (eyes) basically red filters embedded with flashlights
  • A medallion with a tiny skull (with red eyes)
  • Mask - A crypt keeper mask picked it up from spirits - and it was perfect for the costume.
  • Bone hands - I found these at kroger & mixed with some cream / gray & white / yellow paint - I matched my entire hands this color
  • Voice Box - Wired to mic that was inside my mask
  • Skull kamas (I made these from a 8.00 staff Ifound)

Ideas?

·
Registered
9 Posts
how about some rotting flesh(gelatin based perhaps) hanging from face or running down from eye sockets? you look a bit too clean and proper to me, cobwebs stuck to the robe...makeup around your eyes where they show thru the mask, same for hands, lower arms...if it wasn't a costume but you were the creature what would you look like over time?

·
AKA - S.M. Barrett
1,084 Posts
An hourglass, dangling from the belt.

A crow or raven on your shoulder.

Shroud your face with black cheese cloth like a veil - give 'em a hint of the skull.

Make the robe, a big capital T of fabric, and wear a separate hood, called a cowl. Get a large one that covers the shoulders and the upper arms. The monk's look is what you want. Look for monk's robes with a cowl.

Get a real antique scythe, and decide - staff or scythe? Not both.

Give up both the scythe and staff and get a scepter and a crown.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts