Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just out side looking at my new lighting (since it now dark) I have a total of nine solar-powered lights aimed at the Pteradacyl , the Tower and the Cupola and as of this afternoon I have two led units( Actually work lights) mounted on the roof of the old ticket booth , now for many years the compressor shed.
These brand new as of today lights point at the front corner of the house and the second floor, same corner, which makes it So much easier to tell where this house is from a block away as people just might be turning that corner coming here.
The solar lights work great from dusk to at least 12 midnight IF there is any daylight at all for them, previously during that day.
These lighting systems don't have the "lumens" of incandescent lights, but guess what? My house looks great this way,sort of spooky, not a glaring eyeball color gore-fest, rather much more dream like, and the "Dream" is Strange, hopefully, "Inviting".......
Just had a call.. at 9:30 a group is to be here to play Hyde& Seek in the Ravens Grin.

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
By the time I read this "worthless" post, it is 1:04 AM and the fully sun-charged solar lights are now very dim. If we get any sun at all tomorrow.. we shall see.
We had a dozen college-agers exploring this house for over an hour tonight. They found many of the secrets here, but never all of them.
They often become so involved in "Discovery", that they become very easy to scare, of course all the lights are "on", so they might begin to relax a bit too much...(Insert evil laugh here~)

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My Wife is charging up her camera so I can take those outside pictures tonight. We had a lot of sun here today and so far the solar lights are very bright.

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We had snow today, not much sun to charge the lights.. If the camera functions.. my wife just told me we are supposed to have some "people" tonight?

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
FAILURE! Times Three. What little I know about photography was proven again last night. I assumed that with such a tricky,expensive camera that we sure could get the picture we wanted.. WRONG!
The lense still has to remain open longer with low light allowing all of the ORANGE Street light coming from behind us to make the picture almost bright ORANGE!
The house is painted Grey with various trim colors. The subtle white-glow of the solar lights vanishes with the slow shutter speed.
Now, if I only controlled the switching on and off of the street lights, we would have it made.
(Although one time as a car load of customers got within a few feet of the house ALL the lights in town went OFF!" which made it seem to them as if I controlled such things! ++ Scary!)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts