Halloween Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for voice over help. I moved and need to redo a talking skull I got from fright props. What
I am looking for is someone that can do the voice over. Does anyone know who or can do this voice over for me.
I have a greeting and rules I would like redone. The reading is about 90 sec longs. (I am not sure of the length due to I rewrote the whole greeting from before.) Can anyone help me.

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
6,904 Posts
If you want a female, I can do it for you. Let me know the details of how you want it to sound (I can do accents/old/kid/etc). I've done voice/singing for lots of people.

·
Registered
127 Posts
You can get them at https://www.fiverr.com/ you used to be able to get them for $5 but I notice quite a few charge a lot more these days.
You could also try doing it yourself, using the free program Audacity you can record your voice then change it using the many plugins.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you want a female, I can do it for you. Let me know the details of how you want it to sound (I can do accents/old/kid/etc). I've done voice/singing for lots of people.
Frankie's Girl, Thanks for the reply. I have another talking skull I use that has a female voice already. If you have some samples maybe that I can hear I wouldn't mind two female voice. Is this posable?

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You can get them at Access to This Page Has Been Blocked you used to be able to get them for $5 but I notice quite a few charge a lot more these days.
You could also try doing it yourself, using the free program Audacity you can record your voice then change it using the many plugins.
Thanks Ozaz. I will check out both sites and see if it something I want to tackle. I already have a lot of props I am working on. I missed last Halloween due to Throat cancer so next year I want it to be my best ever. Beside, being out of work for the past 2 month has given me time to work on props I've been meaning to get to. Thanks again.

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
6,904 Posts
Frankie's Girl, Thanks for the reply. I have another talking skull I use that has a female voice already. If you have some samples maybe that I can hear I wouldn't mind two female voice. Is this posable?

Totally understand if you want a guy voice tho or just don't think my voice will work for what you're wanting. Just thought I'd offer as it's fun for me. :)

I have a few examples:

^ a poem using a kid voice (with/without effects)

^creepy rock a bye baby singing/humming

^Four versions of a Halloween poem (click the "play mp3's" button to play each one - you may have to manually select each one, but should be easy to play in browser)

I can do over the top hammy with accents (sort of getting there in the 4th version of the 1970s Halloween poem reading). I can also do creepy old lady but can't find any of that right now. 😂

·
Registered
53 Posts
Where do you live (state at least) it might help in finding someone in your area? Is there a theme you're wanting such as Pirate? Like the skull on the Disney Pirates of the Caribbean rides? I'm in So. Cal. & could help. I have a base/baratone voice & have done quite a bit of public speaking & stage productions. I've been told several times I should do voice over work or be on the radio LOL

·
Registered
1 Posts
Try Justin Poe. He's fantastic. Yes, his website is "Christmas Voice Guy", but he does lots of voices. I had him do the intro for my Halloween Light Show - it's fantastic! His prices are very reasonable... just don't wait until the last minute to submit your request.

Since I can't post a link, just search on "Christmas Voice Guy". His site should be the top search result.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks barskywi. I did contact Christmas voice guy. he gave me a reasonable offer so I think I’ll go with him. This will save me a lot of time since I have so many project I’m working on. Thanks again for the site.

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Totally understand if you want a guy voice tho or just don't think my voice will work for what you're wanting. Just thought I'd offer as it's fun for me. :)

I have a few examples:

^ a poem using a kid voice (with/without effects)

^creepy rock a bye baby singing/humming

^Four versions of a Halloween poem (click the "play mp3's" button to play each one - you may have to manually select each one, but should be easy to play in browser)

I can do over the top hammy with accents (sort of getting there in the 4th version of the 1970s Halloween poem reading). I can also do creepy old lady but can't find any of that right now. 😂

that halloween poem is fantastic!, did you write that?

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
6,904 Posts
that halloween poem is fantastic!, did you write that?
It is lovely, isn't it?

No, I am not the author. That was written specifically by a forum member for their haunt and I'm sad I can't remember their name. I am unable to find the original post to give them credit either. :(

·
Registered
40 Posts
Another option is to find a local community theater. You may not only get a good voice actor, but others wanting to participate in your haunt.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts