Halloween Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to buy there parts: http://triaxialskulllabs.com/webstore/product_info.php?products_id=68

because they look like exactly what I need and seem to be ready-made, however, this company seems to be out of business. They don't respond to emails and the store has been closed all year.

Does anyone know of someplace I can buy something similar? It should be hollow so I can feed my wires from the skulls down through it and hide the coupler that holds my 3 axis skulls onto the Bucky skeleton.

I appreciate all input.

If I can connect with the owner of that website, I would buy them there, but I have had no luck. Does anyone know the owner?

Thanks,
HalloweenBob

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow, that wasn't what I expected. I am sorry to hear that!

I haven't seen that product (The neck bone) anywhere else, but maybe I missed something. Perhaps it was something he made custom for his own store.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you! I do like that idea, but that model would have to be modified to be all one piece and hollow. I don't have the software or knowledge to do that. Although if I could find a model that I could use, I would be more than happy to have them 3D printed.

·
Going bump in the night..
3,388 Posts
I'm sure it was considered, but perhaps the easiest answer would be to sculpt your own from foam and paint it.
I suppose this would depend on how much wear and tear the neck will encounter, but if the weight is supported by metal, and no one is going to be handling the piece, a foam facade could do the trick.

...and in the case of needing a bit more durability, there are coatings that are still (relatively) cheap and simple to use.
(I like this one (the All Purpose) : Foam Coat - it's water based, goes a looonnggg way, and is rock hard and pretty much weatherproof once cured)

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Actually, I had not considered using foam. I am not sure how it would hold up. It doesn't support anything, but it would get whacked frequently by the jaw opening a bit too far, or if it opens while nodding down. I don't know how it would hold up. What do you think? If it would, I do have another problem. I am not a foam sculptor. I don't seem to have that gift. I would, however pay to have someone else make 4 of these for me out of their material of choice.

For scale, they should match the upper 6 or so vertebrae that come with a Bucky skeleton, both in size and color. They would need to be more hollowed out than the Bucky ones, and the back side of them don't need to be detailed, as they would never be seen. I would want the front material to be the thinnest part so that it leaves the most clearance for the jaw. Any takers?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts