Halloween Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I build a plastic covered maze every year and am toying with the idea of turning one of the side walls into a combination projection with pneumatics. Something along the lines of a projection with a knife or something and then when they move the knife it would pop out the projection/wall.

Has anyone done anything like this, do you have any tips? I have some DMX stuff to controller the pneumatics but am looking for ideas about the projection DVD and also how to properly tie the events on the DVD to the pneumatics.

Thanks,
Tim

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Joshua,

I have used the demo version of VSA to check out the audio/video sync and noticed that once the video ended and restarted that the screen would flicker, show the desktop of the computer and then play again, have you experienced the same?

I found it odd since I can loop using Windows Media Player and not have that issue,

·
Registered
191 Posts
I did notice this, and was in a hurry when i was setting up my haunt with the new version, so i didn't find the perfect way around this. I use 2 methods when dealing with videos. when using vsa I just set the video to play on my second screen which was my projector and set the background of the screen to black, this hides the desktop when it flickered. the other is i use a bightsign solid state video player. I have been kicking around the idea of making a DMX trigger for my media players to make it just a little easier to integrate video in to scenes with out putting a load on the computer doing everything else.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts