Halloween Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Scarhead Brain Tumor Guy
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure it's discontinued and probably came out when Gemmy did the animated Leatherface prop because he's holding what appears to be the same chainsaw. It's doesn't seem to be available anywhere on the web and conditions won't permit the use of a real chainsaw without it's chain.

·
Scarhead Brain Tumor Guy
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the links but...

HauntingJoe - I contacted BuyCostumes a couple of times about that one and they tell me, that and as far as they are aware this item has been discontinued. Hopefully that status has changed since and I'll check back 7/24/09.

Joepolicy - That's a different cheaper version that's flat and has had very bad reviews so I was trying to avoid that one

·
Banned
101 Posts
Deluxe Animated Chainsaw with Sound
Deluxe Animated Chainsaw with Sound | Costume Props | Grimm Brothers Halloween Specialty Store |
Deluxe Animated Chainsaw with Sound
Deluxe Animated Chainsaw with Sound - Halloween24.com

I realize that some of these links state OUT OF STOCK , but , you could email and find out if they will get any more in ?

Or , you also have this option ... a LOT more money though .
Texas Chainsaw Massacre: Chainsaw Prop Replica - StyleFeeder.com

But , I think the one below might fit the bill a little better ?

·
Registered
443 Posts
Hi, We ordered that chainsaw from an import company at the Houston show. I don't expect they'll come in until July or so. It sounded really good and definitely has the size/bulk of a real chainsaw as opposed to the licensed Leatherface one, which we also sell, but that's the flat one.

·
Scarhead Brain Tumor Guy
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the links milemarker, that was a lot work...sadly though, I've been down that road.

Nancy - If I understand you correctly, you're saying that this chainsaw will be availble for purchase at the Asylum the year? If so that's perfect, would you be so kind as to send out an email when they arrive, I'm already a "member of said asylum.
Thanks Robert

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
We got one at GR

We got our saw at Garden Ridge last year, also saw them at Halloween express but they sold out quick. We use ours on our backyard trail and it was great........sound so much better than the old flat one. See pics........

·
Registered
443 Posts
Hey guys, the animated chainsaws arrived today. Tested one out and chased my dog around the warehouse with it... so fairly effective :) The only annoying thing is the mfr put these huge stickers down the blade that say something like "chain actually moves!." I took one off to see how easily it is to do, and it's not. It took me at least 15 minutes with Goo Gone to get it off. So some lucky buyer gets a lovely citrus scented chainsaw, but at least the sticker is off. We may go through and do this to all that we bought. It'll just take some time.

·
Banned
66 Posts
Chainsaw Available

Hello,
Party City has them for $39.99 good deal! But they only had two of them so you'd better get them if you want them before they sell out! Good Luck!:cool:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts