Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for spooky "ambient" music other than Midnight Syndicate & Nox Arcana. It can have sound effects or not, I'm trying to find some tracks on YouTube but having trouble. Is there any other artists out there that make this type of music. I'm looking through amazon but not sure what to look for. This is the type of music I'd like to use on Halloween along with ghosts sound effects cause I'm making a Haunted Graveyard theme for my yard this year. :)

·
Registered
270 Posts
An unusual choice would be the theme song to Midsomer Murders, a British crime show. The first couple of seasons used a theramin for the theme song, and the tune is kind of Dark Shadows meets merry-go-round in an elevator. It could be ambient music, carnEvil music, ballroom dance music ... it's a great piece.

·
Evil Wizard
2,165 Posts
An unusual choice would be the theme song to Midsomer Murders, a British crime show. The first couple of seasons used a theramin for the theme song, and the tune is kind of Dark Shadows meets merry-go-round in an elevator. It could be ambient music, carnEvil music, ballroom dance music ... it's a great piece.
That's exactly the music (looped, through a digital photo frame with changing portraits) that I use for Halloween night at my witch's (candy) table. Wonderfully creepy and almost whimsical, but not overtly scary (as we have a lot of toddlers in our neighborhood currently.)

·
Mad Monster Maker
2,673 Posts
My fiancee is into New Age music, and a few years back I downloaded some music for her from e-music. One of the albums I downloaded was "The Float Zone" by Dino Pacifici. The first track, "The Currents Of Space", would be great as ambient background music for a haunt, IMHO. I couldn't find it on youtube, so I threw together a quick video so you could give it a listen.

If you're interested, this track is available (as an Mp3 download) on Amazon.

·
Girl Gone Mad
1,623 Posts
Adrian von Ziegler has some great stuff on youtube he has Celtic and relaxing music but he also has Gothic music I have a lot of his saved

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Adrian von Ziegler has some great stuff on youtube he has Celtic and relaxing music but he also has Gothic music I have a lot of his saved
Thanks I'll try searching! :)

Again you guys helped me out so much and I appreciate it a bunch! I want to use these for the trick or treaters that are coming to my house on Halloween and wanted to make a mix CD of spooky ambient music.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Greetings, Though we are new here to this site, it already feels like home as it's always nice to be among kindred spirits! Just wanted to offer our music to any of you who might be able to use it for your haunts, events or promotions. Our music is always offered FREE of charge with no stipulations other then we ask that you be kind enough to give us a like on FB and credit our name should you play any of the dark compositions we've created. To hear our music you can find us on all the usual online outlets by searching the name psych ward psymphony. Should you hear anything you'd like to have a copy of, simply send us a message and we'll get your requested song or songs to you with our compliments. Psych Ward Psymphony wishes you all a very Happy Halloween.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm A Composer By The Name Of Mystary, I Actually Speak To Midnight Syndicate There Great Influences, Please Take. A Listen Thank You

·
Registered
24 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
I second Adrian von Ziegler. His work is fantastic. Also highly recommend any one of the Silent Hill game soundtracks. The composer, Akira Yamaoka, rules the world when it comes to creepy ambiance with an industrial edge.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts