Halloween Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I did a circus theme in the yard about 5 years ago at my old house. I want to do it again at my new house and need some ideas. I had a tightrope walking skeleton about 15 feet off the ground (tied some rope from the house to a street light hung the skeleton from a tree with fishing line so it looked like he was standing on the rope. Also put a balance bar in his hands), had lots of scary clowns, a motorized trapeeze artist, and lots of those car dealer lot flags to give it a more circus feel. I am limited now because I have no trees in the yard or much of anything to connect things to,....so im stumped! Any ideas would be great...pictures of your circus haunt even better. THANKS EVERYBODY!!

·
Ubzest
1,249 Posts
how about one skelleton doing a high dive into a pool. he could be in mid-dive by way of some fishing line. maybe a very small pool, maybe just a sponge in there. You could make a very skinny tall ladder that he just jumped off of.

·
Registered
291 Posts
hi. what about building a circus train? you could paint it creepy, add different colored lights, fog machines, sound effects, and so on, and fill them with various creatures of the night. Also, maybe a skeleton magician that is sawing someone or something in half, or make a prop of a knife thrower clown throwing knives at their skeleton victim on a spinning wheel.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
I had a similar issue with the tight rope walker. I made this prop with 2x4's, 1x2's and metal conduit painted white to represent the rope. This photo shows the set up. With proper lighting the effect was great and the supports were invisible. The skeleton was one of those cheap Walmart ground breakers screwed to a pvc torso and some padding. The umbrella was made with pvc, coat hangers and creepy cloth.

Try to find a "kiddie car" at a yard sale or being thrown out. I built this guy out of PVC and a cheap kids clown costume, wighead, chicken wire and garden gloves. Total cost was under $20.

Eric

1 - 6 of 6 Posts