Halloween Forum banner

looking for some help...

1633 Views 22 Replies 9 Participants Last post by  ZombieRaider
I am trying to build somthing a little different but am having some problem's....
I am trying to create the feeling that u are rolling along say in a sitting or lying position but without having somthing physically moving forward or back. I kind of want u to be able to feel like your going down an old dirt path with moving, but do want moving parts to work this... I know this is wired but if someone has any ides would be great...

This is going to be a 2nd attraction to are haunt this 2009 year and is somthing that I have had on my mind for a real long time also going to be a huge prop when finished...
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2,128 Posts
Well, you can move them up, down, side to side, whatever all day but if you don't give them a visual of some kind, I'm not sure how your going to get the point across with just movement and sound effects.....Everything I can think of in the entertainment field that does this kind of thing has a video of some sort to give this allusion....May be really hard to pull off otherwise....ZR

· Registered
2,128 Posts
I think I kind of know where your going with this but then again I could totally be off:confused:......I'm guessing you want to put the patron in a coffin and then put them in a horse drawn hearse for a "ride"....I would definitely not put the lcd in the coffin because your going for realism and that won't do it....Instead I'd build a coffin like they did in civil war times with the little window at their face so people could view the body....That will give them a small view out inside the hearse....I would build all the pnuematics in the hearse base....When you slide them into the hearse make sure there is some kind of mechnism to secure the coffin to the hearse base not only so it doesn't slide around during the ride but also something else I'll go into later...I would have curtains in the hearse on all 4 sides drawed shut except one side window I would have tied back so they can look out of from the small coffin window and see "outside"of that one side window....On the outside of that window is where I would have a fairly good sized lcd mounted....I would make the video of trees passing by like your moving down a dirt road through the woods....You could speed the video up part way through the ride like the horses are running to try to get away from something like for example: You could have whoever is running the ride dressed up like a dead decaying union soldier telling the patron they need to hide in the coffin to smuggle them from the confederates telling them if the confederates catch them they will kill them...Of course when the conferates take chase the ride would get pretty intense....Now since they are in a secured enclosed coffin you could utilize a pop through pnuematic that shoots through the front curtain at the highlight of the ride staring at them through the glass at a matter of inches from their face...I'm sure that would wet some pants!....Of course in this scenerio, the pnuematic pop through could be a gruesome skeletal confederate....I would use the Skulltronix vsa software dmx thing because it could run the video to the lcd monitor and the dmx would run all the pnuematics in perfect time with all the bumps and of course the pop through pnuematic...You'd have to ask someone that knows the software but it would be great if the video was paused at the first frame so when you slid them into the hearse they could see the trees out the window from the moment they were slid in...You wouldn't want to kill the illusion with a fade in......When you pushed the "go" button they would hear the sound effects of someone saying "giddie up" and with a few pnuematics making a tug sensation the video would start with the trees moving by slowly at first with the horses trotting sound effect.....The pnuematics would give them the sensation of the "bumps in the road"....Of course when they exclaim "the confederates spotted us!" the ride would get much more intense with the trees wisping by like a blur with the sounds of the horses galloping at full throttle, whip sounds-yelling and the pnuematics kicking the coffin around like it was flying down the road and at the right moment instantly the screen would go black putting them in total darkness with the pnuematic movement instantly stopped as the pop through would come out with a scream inches from their face with only a strobe light showing them all the detail of the ghastly confederate soldier and the rides over.....Of course you could use any scenerio you wanted, that's just an example...Sorry I can't get my point across without a thousand words!....Just my 2 cents...ZR

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.