Halloween Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to build somthing a little different but am having some problem's....
I am trying to create the feeling that u are rolling along say in a sitting or lying position but without having somthing physically moving forward or back. I kind of want u to be able to feel like your going down an old dirt path with moving, but do want moving parts to work this... I know this is wired but if someone has any ides would be great...

This is going to be a 2nd attraction to are haunt this 2009 year and is somthing that I have had on my mind for a real long time also going to be a huge prop when finished...

· Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Kind of!!!!! also similer to the LAST RIDE simulator but with ten times the "twist and turns" lol hahaha....

· Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am more looking for the feeling of say a horse and buggy going down a old dirt path...so a rolling bumping motion not sure.....There will be several movements to this prop but this is the basic idea...

· Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was thinking a long those lines but wasn't sure if u would feel the rolling motion I even have an old treadmill to play with for parts.. so it's more of would u feel it say if you were riding in a old buggy inside a coffin on the way to the cemetery about to buried alive.

· Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
WoW this is really taking off!!!!!!!!!! But don't want any one getting made on this lol

No but really what I am looking to do here is somthing similar to "THE LAST RIDE" prop but with a much bigger twist....I do have a large budget for this build and already have wood and stuff... I also have an old treadmill that I could use in the build.

I don't want to give to much away as for the whole set-up but will give a basic idea, We are going to have an old jail coach/buggy that house a coffin and YES we will be using pneumatics for some of the movement. BUT this is where I was having some problems I really want the person inside the coffin feel like they are being wheeled down an old dirt path. WE also plan to have a fake looking crane on the prop to make it look like u are actually being lowered into you grave. I have almost all the other movements figured out from the lowering to being shook around in the coffin.

all try to answer a few of you guyz other ???? separate a little later..thankz for all the responses this going to be a fun build that will be a huge attraction other then the Haunt this year....

· Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I agree with u Gym safety is a big concern but I know I can build this and make it work....I have built some cool things and I think that this could be a n easy enough build once the ideas are all layed out....I have a bones living in Sudbury Ontario Canada, it being the mining capital of the world and have many friend at INCO I have a unlimited supply of Pnumatic acc. A close friend is a Millwright and runs one of the larges garage up here well he just got the promotion lol woo hoo for him but also for me........I can get anything for 3/4 the cost and an unlimited supply for are prop building needs I also have hired him as are welder for the shop/haunt and hehe he's an actor too.... So really $$$ isn't an issue I am in the processes of build and having are own portable haunt, and really just want extra $$$ maker.... I could just go buy "The Last Ride" witch is a great prop but I want somthing different somthing a little more intense, different I have a few concepts I am working on for it and am really excited about this would be the biggest prop we have done may even be somthing we sell....

So really all the ideas that have come threw are great just giving us more to work with please keep them coming we will keep u updated...

· Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
u mean like some sort of monitor or small LCD for inside the coffin??? We had kind of thought of this and doing a kind of SAW thing with the set up but wasn't sure about putting a screen inside the coffin cause it would take away some of the realism and also light up the inside of the coffin...

· Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
ZR YOU ARE totally on my page and you got a great 2 cents lol many of the ideas u mentioned are all ready in the plans like the curtain thing I really like the idea of a top viewing window that could be an LCD mini screen and just film it as if u were looking threw the coffin Dame u got my mind going now and will make for some grea video... lol but really most of what u said is somthing like we want to do but the coffin will be built into the horse drawn hearse and we will walk u up 3 small stair to the coffin. The hearse itself is a easy build because were going for an old prison style hearse with and urban industrial look to it or just rusty lol

thankz for all your ideas I have more but really don't want to give it all a way on here but we could shoot a few PM's to each other...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.