Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

One of our rooms this year will be a "clown nursery". I have been debating on what kind of background sound to have. From cheezy carnival music to children's jingles.

I then happened upon "The Gentlemen" MP3 from Hedstorm.net (index) This just sounded the creepiest of all.

I have an actor who will be in the clown room all night, so I'd like to find other similar sounds so that she has at least a bit more variety before she goes crazy from hearing this one tune 1,000 times (appropriately, she is going as a psychotic clown). Any suggestions?

·
Registered
33 Posts
I can't remember too well but didn't the original Amityville Horror theme have children's chanting? That might be an option, othe than that the memory is very thin, sorry.

2,442 Posts
I've been looking for the music from Amityville ll: the possession, that scene where the priest sees the Ghost of the murdered oldest sister Patricia I think stood in the doorway.

Update... just found it on youtube

·
sasquatch
3,076 Posts
Talk the Hauntcast. He can make a recording for you on professional equipment. Thats his forte'

·
Registered
74 Posts
Hey all,

One of our rooms this year will be a "clown nursery". I have been debating on what kind of background sound to have. From cheezy carnival music to children's jingles.

I then happened upon "The Gentlemen" MP3 from Hedstorm.net (index) This just sounded the creepiest of all.

I have an actor who will be in the clown room all night, so I'd like to find other similar sounds so that she has at least a bit more variety before she goes crazy from hearing this one tune 1,000 times (appropriately, she is going as a psychotic clown). Any suggestions?

Personally, I like the Risselty Rosselty song from Hitchcock's "The Birds", and have used it in my garage haunt.
Follow this link and scroll down about half-way to find a file named "risselty.wav":
THE PIT! ~ Alfred Hitchcock

q

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Awesome!!! I think out of all of these, something like Halloweiner suggested is the closest to what I am looking for (all of the suggestions have been wonderful though). I want a pleasantly creepy melody with a bit of a phantom kid voice feel.

Also, if you have any suggestions for just plain weird clown-related music please let me know!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Cool. I will probably alternate a couple different tracks in this fashion. Still wish I had one or two more songs though. I really feel sorry for the girl that will be doing the clown room.

·
HELLoween Ubber Lord
2,681 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
theres a cd for sale by gore-galore.com called playtime that has to do with children. it has the jack in the box music with kids screaming for their daddy. you can listen to a sample on their website. hope this helps.

·
Registered
579 Posts
There's a lovely song called "Waltz of the Midwives" on Shinjuku Thief's album "The Witch Hammer". It's starts kinda nursery-ish waltz-y, then it scares the crap out of you and there's lots of laughing. It's pretty twisted.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thank you everyone! I think the ones Dark Lord posted will round out the rest of what I was looking for perfectly. Thanks again!!!

·
HELLoween Ubber Lord
2,681 Posts
We be just one big happy Adam's family !! :D
Glad there was something in there for you to use, some of these were from members here, credit were credit due......... just filed them in appropriate theme folders for all.
Except melty........he's just one big happy cheese wheeler........ LOL but i give him lotsa credit no matter what anyone else says about him....:eek: :D

·
Registered
23 Posts
There is a group called 'Nooshi' whose got a good Kids Halloween Album out that might be just what you are looking for. Nooshi is found on either Amazon or iTunes. The album is called 'Halloween Songs to Christmas Melodies'. LINK TO NOOSHI ON AMAZON

1 - 20 of 21 Posts