Halloween Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
1031 Props
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw this before at The Pod's place a few years back. More or less its a monster in the box in a coffin. I'm hoping pod sees this and knows what I'm talking about. I'd love to get those plans. Just getting out of school and needing to rush my projects so I'm picking and choosing which ones i tackle.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Like this Nick? Come over, it's in the garage now. I used a monster guts wiper motor.

PS-Glad to see you're back this year!!

·
Human Candy Shovel
1,107 Posts
by coffin slammer, I assume you want a lid that opens slowly then slams shut?

That's easy enough. You need a cam which provides an ample space in the action to allow gravity to work, a lifting arm with a strict guide, and an interface to catch the lift arm when it drops down and hold it steady for the cam to catch the bottom of the arm again on the next revolution.

·
Registered
438 Posts
I have not built one of these yet, but it's on my 2014 todo list. One thing that looked good to me...someone here (I think) made a fairly large cam (12" ? )with several peaks and valleys of various sizes. Then, they put a vertical pipe with a small wheel at the bottom to ride these cam bumps and lift the lid accordingly. It gave the frantic/random pneumatic-type action with just a wiper motor & a few simple parts.

·
Crunchitize Me Cap'n
1,654 Posts
If y'all don't get any leads, look for monster-in-a-box builds. I built a MIB outta pallet wood a few years ago. Unfortunately it never made a comeback. But I used a wiper motor to make the lid move.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts