Halloween Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys-
I'm looking for some UV ink that is VERY permanent. I have a little 'project' that I creating- but don't want the ink washed away from the elements. Obviously it needs to be COMPLETELY invisible during the day/night, and only visible when exposed to UV light (using an LED most likely). Suggestions?
- Specter

·
Registered
71 Posts
You've got a number of challenges here.

All the invisible UV paints I've used (Wildfire & Clearneon) rapidly fade with exposure to sunlight. (The UV in sunlight breaks down the paint)

Clearneon does not work with commonly available UV LEDs. Wildfire has invisilble Blue Clear that works OK with common UV LEDs. If you are working on a white background their invisible blue and invisible green will flourece with common UV LEDs.

This company sells invisible inks Xenopus Electronix -- Ultraviolet flashlight and Blood Tracking flashlight products. I have no experience with their products. It looks like the only fully invisible product is the blue ink.

There are LEDs available that will work most Wildfire colors but they are pricey at about $3.75 each. Look here UV LED 5mm 15deg . I haven’t tried them with Clearneon yet.

SteveC/ScaryTinker

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
huh. I was hoping for something I could pick up locally, or make myself, for cheap. This is going in a tunnel, that has some indirect light exposure. Not sure if that will effect it or not (uv exposure?). Let me ask you- what else can I use? I know that Ritt Whitener or Detergent will work- but how long does that stuff last? Since it's going on a wall of a tunnel- I don't think it'll be exposed to any rain/water. Ideas?

·
The Grim Reaper
921 Posts
I had a buddy that had the whole inside of his house painted with this stuff. Perfectly normal house by day, rave club by night.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts