Halloween Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in need of a smaller lightning machine and the Perfect Storm 2.0 (with audio input) seems like the one to get. I have an IZombie unit that I run for the outside lightning and thunder, but I'm going to have lightning in the mad lab and it's too far to tie into the IZombie unit.

They have one at Fright Props for $34, which seems reasonable, but with tax and shipping, it skyrockets to almost $50! The cheapest shipping they have is $14.65 via USPS, but using the preferred UPS, the cheapest rate is $16.

I won't go into how ridiculous these shipping prices are, but does anyone know where else these are available? The original unit is listed on Amazon, and some people have claimed to have received the 2.0 version, but I don't want to take that chance.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I don't typically think of eBay for mission critical items like this, because you never know what I'm going to get.

This Perfect Storm is a great example. I looked at 12 separate listings for this item:

- None of the listings state that it's the 2.0 (new and updated) version.
- All the listings I looked at had images of the old version. Some had images of both the old and new version, without distinguishing which unit you would be getting.
- Every one of the listings, even those showing pictures of the newer version, had the *exact* same wording, to include, "place in front of Cd Player." Which is distinctly not the version I'm looking for.

I do thank you for the suggestion, though.

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
I think at this point in time they are pretty much all the updated version but I hear what you're sayin'. You could always send the sellers an email asking if it is indeed the 2.0 with the audio jack.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, I just found it on Amazon for about the same price as on eBay. I'm a highly visually orientated person, so I wasn't looking for an image of a cardboard box, but yes, Morris sells the 2.0 version on Amazon.

SPEAKING OF LIGHTNING BOXES, I noticed that IZombie no longer makes/sells their versions of lightning simulators. Anyone know what happen with that?

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
SPEAKING OF LIGHTNING BOXES, I noticed that IZombie no longer makes/sells their versions of lightning simulators. Anyone know what happen with that?
That's ashame, I've had one of the 4 channel iZombie units for years and it's a great product. Maybe sales dropped off due to the cheaper alternatives. I love the multi channel though, much better effect.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all,
I blew a resistor in my Perfect Storm 2.0. If I post a picture can someone open their box and tell me what the color bands are on the resistor so I can solder in a
replacement?
Thanks,
Adam

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
As far as I can tell, the Firefly and the Perfect Storm are the only available units out there. I have a single channel 1200W IZombie unit and think it's a good unit, so was surprised that the company is still in business but not making them anymore.

I did also find the Perfect Storm 2.0 on Amazon for not too much more than the eBay prices. The image is of a box, which wasn't what I was looking for. I bought it, but haven't tried it yet (though I did confirm it has the audio input jack).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts