Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've decided this year that I'm going to try doing almost all the decorations with origami (and similar papercraft activities.) I've found a book or two with ideas, but I was wondering if anyone here had any links to cool origami projects on hand.

A few years ago, I put brown paper origami balloons on orange lights, and the effect was great! It looked like little pumpkins on a vine. So I'd like to do that again, and will probably try to find more orange lights. I have a pattern for adorable little hanging bats, so I'm going to make several of those.

We haven't picked a theme yet, so anything will help! I'm probably just going to keep it simple by making everything black or orange, since I know I can get copy paper in those colors for pretty cheap. I am considering doing a luau theme, partly because luau items will be on sale soon.

(And of course we will be getting lots and lots and lots of pumpkins! I recently moved into a house with an enormous porch, so plenty of space to put all the pumpkins I could ever want on display!)

·
Registered
210 Posts
Greenwick, I found these paper models (including the haunted mansion) on a sail across the webs many moons ago and your post reminded me of it. I may need to download and make these for inside decorations if I can fit it on the schedule. I just reread your post and not sure it will fit with your black and orange theme, but still posting as others may see origami and be looking for ideas.

http://www.haunteddimensions.raykeim.com/index301.html

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow, those models are super awesome! I don't know if I will do that for Halloween, but I definitely want to print those off sometime for something. Maybe in the middle of winter, since I always want to make a gingerbread house but don't want stale cookies and candy sitting out!

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Actually, now that I think of it, I have a mantelpiece now. It needs things to go on it! I will have to see about getting those printed out.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm really keen on the coffin boxes for holding favors. I love all the little toys on there! I'm gonna have to get myself some card stock!

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
there is a book of zombi origami called zombigani...try at your local library if you don't want to order online. If the library doesn't have it, ask if they have inter library lending. Our library has three other libraries they will bring books in from if they don't have it :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts