Halloween Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings,
I am looking for 3 lifesize 6ft mummy figures. The kind that have the motion sensor in the chest and the light up eyes, makes the struggling noises and so forth. I do believe they were made by gemmy but not sure. They do not have to work .... I just need the bodies. If anybody has any that don't work or any that do work and want to get rid of them .... let me know.

Thanks for your time.
Toepincher x x

·
Registered
73 Posts
I just purchased one from BuyCostumes.com. I don't know if the code is still good, but I think it is clear35 (double check in the coupons section) that will give you 35% off of some of the clearance items at Buycostumes.com. I believe it was 79.99-minus 35% plus 4.99 shipping. (it said it might cost more in shipping, depending on method of shipment, but I didn't see any additional charges)

That is $52 each, before tax and shipping.

Hope this helps

·
STARK Raving Mad
937 Posts
If you can't find them, try making them. I made this one in about 4 hours. It is a full-size Duct Tape Dummy that I corpsed than wrapped in muslin. For support, I made a simple wood base the size of the model's footprints, drilled a 3/4" hole in it, glued in a 6' long 3/4" dowel, and stuck a wig stand on it. The model was obviously female - a male or younger model would have less curves.

·
STARK Raving Mad
937 Posts
Actually, here is an instruction I sent in a PM:

I started with a 3-layer DTD. I added a support consisting of a 2" thick base (cut to the shape of the model's feet) with a 1" hole drilled in it, a 1" diameter closet pole, and a styrofoam wig head (with the hole widened to 1"). I then stuffed the DTD with crumbled newspaper and plastic grogery bags and stapled & taped the seams closed. Next I applied a layer of corpsing (strips of paper towels saturated in a mixture of half white glue and half latex paint) to firm it up, permanently seal the DTD, and keep the duct tape from peeling. Finally, I wrapped the entire body with long strips of fabric purchased from the dollar rack at Walmart. The fabric was similar to gauze and slightly stretchy.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts