Halloween Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Jumpin' Jack Flash
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm not sure if this is the proper place for this thread since i'm not using this just for halloween, so if anyone feels it should be moved, i'm okay with that.

my wife and i have renovated our basement and we're wanting to put some LED strip lights along the ceiling. color-changing is strongly preferred. ability to connect several strips to be controlled by one power source/remote is preferred (the total perimeter of the room is ~75') but not required, as this seems hard to find from what i've gathered. overall we want something economical but durable. any suggestions are much appreciated.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I get all mine from eBay. There's a wide variety to choose from, color changing is available. You can also order 12V power supplies. Great prices too!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Agreed. I've boght tons of these from Ebay. Bay a backup string and make sure your instalation allows you to change them easily. They are all made in china, so quality varries. For indoor, you should be ok. Most of mine have been outdoor and I have to replacle them frequently. Also - best if you can keep them as complete strings. They say they are easy to cut and splice, but the connectors for that are cheap and I have had a lot of problems with them.

Reactions: dane82

·
Registered
17 Posts
Ebay is the first stop place for these, I have just ordered 50 meters of the stuff for my display. They mainly come in 5v, 12v and 24v. All the ones i have seen let you connect multiple together they can be controlled via 1 controller. Make sure you read the listings though as you can get ones with just RGB (makes white with all being powered on) RGB with separate white LEDS (doesn't look as good if bouncing off a surface as the LEDS are further apart) and ones with RGBW which have all the others in one diode. I would recommend going with RGBW.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts