Halloween Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to make a zombie attack puppet for this year (a zombie on my side/back while I control it's head). I've seen people using pool noodles for stuffing the arms and legs but I need to make it posable when I put it on.

I've made PVC mannequins with Spider Hill joints for static display, but I'm not thinking that would be good for a wearable costume.

What's a good way to make a sturdy, light armature to build a zombie puppet out of?

Thanks!

·
Registered
150 Posts
We take 2 pieces of drop ceiling wire and put one set of ends into the mouth of a drill. We than drab the other ends in a set of pliers. When the drill starts, it will twine the wire nicely. We cut the wire to the desired length, place inside of pipe insulation and fill with soft expanding foam. We use Gorilla tape to close off the ends and to hold the wire in place.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We take 2 pieces of drop ceiling wire and put one set of ends into the mouth of a drill. We than drab the other ends in a set of pliers. When the drill starts, it will twine the wire nicely. We cut the wire to the desired length, place inside of pipe insulation and fill with soft expanding foam. We use Gorilla tape to close off the ends and to hold the wire in place.
Interesting. I'll see if I can scrounge some of that wire up. So the twisted pair makes it more rigid but still bendable? Do you get the 12 gauge or 18?

Thanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts