Halloween Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Throwing a Halloween party this year (for the first time in probably six years or so). It's going to be a pretty eclectic mix of people, with a wide range of ages. Decor/ambiance is old school spooky with a lot of funky lighting. Not really a dance situation, mostly games and cocktails, but who knows where the night will take us!

I would really appreciate some help from everyone - what are good songs for Halloween party? I've probably got the standards on my playlist so far (which you can peruse here) but what would YOU want to hear?

Thank you and stay spoopy.

·
Mad Monster Maker
2,671 Posts
I love your playlist. I have many of those same songs in my library, and Poison Lips by Vitalic and Blue Monday by Orgy are two of my latest acquisitions (I absolutely LOVE poison lips).

Here are some songs I recommend:

Scarecrow---by Beck
Bloodletting (The Vampire Song)---by Concrete Blonde
Sweet Dreams (Are Made Of These)---by Marilyn Manson
Zombie---by The Cranberries
Roads---by Portishead
As The Rush Comes (Gabriel & Dresden Chillout Mix)---by Motorcycle
Every Day Is Halloween---by Ministry
#1 Crush and Push It---by Garbage
Haunted---by Poe
What Do I Have To Do---by Stabbing Westward
Lightning Crashes---by Live
My Immortal---by Evanescence
Phantom Of The Opera Medley---by Lindsey Stirling
Dead Man's Party---by Oingo Boingo
Pet Sematary---by The Ramones
Zombie A Go Go---by Voodoo Church
How Soon Is Now?---by Love, Spit, Love (From "The Craft" original movie soundtrack)
Dangerous Type---by Letters To Cleo (Also from "The Craft")
Bridge Of Sighs---by Robin Trower
Welcome To My Nightmare,,,, Steven,,,, and Feed My Frankenstein---by Alice Cooper

And lastly, some of my favorite Halloween songs by Zombie Girl:
Creepy Crawler
We Are The Ones
Bleeder
I Want It
Creature Of The Night
The Darkness

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi there, I m an independent horror musician and my new album is in the classified section from merchants if you're interested. The music is psychedelic alternative with lots of sound effects. Good for a party Id say... Cheerrs!!
Awesome, thank you so much!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I love your playlist. I have many of those same songs in my library, and Poison Lips by Vitalic and Blue Monday by Orgy are two of my latest acquisitions (I absolutely LOVE poison lips).
Poison Lips has been a favorite of mine for a longggg, long time. Such a great song (and music video, if you haven't seen it!)

Thank you for the list of songs to add - it's funny, I used to have a lot of these on my old Halloween playlist, but I ended up removing some for this year. I think I should add them back.

Also - checking out Zombie Girl and I'm in loveeeeeeee. I have a dance version of my Halloween Mix for later in the evening, and she will be absolutely perfect for that!!

It's been so long since I've really thrown myself into Halloween this year that I've forgotten what a wide range of music should be included in a party mix. Thank you!

·
Registered
588 Posts
You might get a kick out of the Monster Mash-up mixes that have been made throughout the last 12 years or so. They are a whole lot of fun. It's pretty happy music ... nothing too gloomy ... the links to the downloads are in the facebook photo gallery linked above. Downloads are free.

·
Registered
21 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
I currently have a playlist that runs 10 + hours. Too long to list the entire thing but here are a few:

Mack the Knife - Bobby Darin
Witchcraft - Frank Sinatra
Theme from The Blob - Burt Bacharach <sp>
Weird Science - Oingo Boingo
Everyday is Halloween - Ministry
Little Red Riding Hood - Sam the Sham & The Pharaohs
Diary of a Madman - Ozzy Osborne
Various Horror Movie Themes
Trick or Treat - Souixie and the Banshees

The list goes on and on. Good luck with your playlist!

·
Mad Monster Maker
2,671 Posts
Poison Lips has been a favorite of mine for a longggg, long time. Such a great song (and music video, if you haven't seen it!)

Thank you for the list of songs to add - it's funny, I used to have a lot of these on my old Halloween playlist, but I ended up removing some for this year. I think I should add them back.

Also - checking out Zombie Girl and I'm in loveeeeeeee. I have a dance version of my Halloween Mix for later in the evening, and she will be absolutely perfect for that!!

It's been so long since I've really thrown myself into Halloween this year that I've forgotten what a wide range of music should be included in a party mix. Thank you!
I'm glad I could help.

Yes, I've seen the video for "Poison Lips", and it's pretty cool. Vitalic does some surreal stuff...check out their official video for "Fade Away".

I was hooked on Zombie Girl the first time I heard "Creepy Crawler".

If you wanted to go with ambient background or mood music, Zombie Girl does a few alternative tracks too. "Dance Of The Headless Corpse" is an instrumental that would be perfect for a haunted doll or haunted nursery themed haunt, or possibly a carnival/circus haunt as well. "Screams From The Cemetery" is an atmospheric mix of of crickets, frogs, and other nighttime sounds from a cemetery, with subdued orchestral music playing in the background. It's subtle and creepy, with none of the typical cheesy sound effects often added to ambient haunt tracks (and despite it's title, it contains no screams :D).

·
Mad Monster Maker
2,671 Posts

·
Mad Monster Maker
2,671 Posts
That's an awesome one PumpkinHead - thanks very much for sharing. I will play it on my show!!!!!!
Glad you like it. Total Coleo did another song which may be suitable for Halloween..."I Eat Cannibals".

The Alan Parsons video kind of reminds me of the movie "Dark City", as well as an episode of the original Twilight Zone.

The Pet Shop Biys video says "The uploader has not made this video available in your country"

·
redrum
990 Posts
Glad you like it. Total Coleo did another song which may be suitable for Halloween..."I Eat Cannibals".

The Alan Parsons video kind of reminds me of the movie "Dark City", as well as an episode of the original Twilight Zone.

The Pet Shop Biys video says "The uploader has not made this video available in your country"
Just strange but now in my head for days

21 Posts

Yes, I like that Alan Parson's because of that Twilight Zone episode, After Hours. Actually, I looked it up, and that idea of mannequins coming to life, goes back to a short story, Evening Primrose, by John Collier, which was also made into an old time radio play.

This version of the Pet Shop Boys track might be better.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
1 - 17 of 17 Posts