Halloween Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had Two great Gargoyle statues about 14" tall. They got damaged so I am looking for replacements. I cant remember where I bought the ones I had . Anyone have any good sources for me to check. I use them outdoors in my graveyard. I had them perched on wood columns I built. They were crouched with wings folded in. below is a picture of the column and gargoyle.

IMG_1396.jpg

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
That looks like the ones I got at Target a few years ago, they haven't had them since but I continue to hope. I look for gargoyles too and haven't seen any yet. I'll let you know if I find any.

·
Registered
20,825 Posts
I agree with Pumpkinhead. Their prices for gargoyles are actually pretty reasonable compared to other places, from what I have seen, and moreso with the discounts.

You may even want to try searching eBay.

·
Insert Witty Comment Here
4,484 Posts
Target is the best place these days as far as statues at Halloween. Rite Aid had some in the spring. A local nursery here started selling Design Toscano gargoyles, which is awesome since the price is pretty much the same, but I actually get to see them first. I'd have a tough time ordering online trying to gauge how big they really are. Another thing to do is to local concrete stores. I picked up a couple a few years ago that are in my back yard. They've got some weight to them, so I would worry about putting them up on a column.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks All, Yes Target must have been where I got them from Years back. @ Pumpkinhead I think I will probably order from Design Toscano before it gets to close to Halloween, as if its not to close already.

If anyone sees and nice ones while there out and about let me know, you can never have to many Gargoyles protecting your grave yard!!

·
Registered
20,825 Posts
Meijer is another option, provided you have one around. This happy fellow is around 12.5" tall and costs $20. He is resin, but quite light (probably moreso than your originals). Also, their garden section sold a couple of concrete gargoyles during the summer, so maybe there are some holdovers; worth checking.

Meijer Gargoyle.jpg

·
Registered
243 Posts
I found some good ones at Rite Aid last year that lit up. I even have some away as reaper gifts last year. the Rite Aid in my area hasn't put out there halloween decor out yet but its a place to start...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts