Halloween Forum banner

Looking for fence

Static: 
8K views 17 replies 17 participants last post by  Halloween_Mom 
#1 ·
Does anyone know how to either build or where to buy a fence, or fence pieces? To build my graveyard in my frontyard. Black spiked ones I guess? Any ideas? Thanks!

#5 ·
My fencing consists of the white picket fencing you get from Lowes that is rolled up. I have about 10 of them (I would buy a couple new ones each year, adding to the ones I already had) and I spray painted them black. Over the years, they get pretty beat up and crooked, which I think just adds to the ambiance! I help keep the fence in place with the green garden stakes that I trim down and paint black too.

I now have it all around both sides of my front yard and up the side.

#6 ·
i just banged out 80 feet (10 8 feet sections)of fence in about 6 hours. it goes quick after the first section.A couple tips for you.

1. Find a drill press with a spade or forstner bit. If using 3/4 PVC get a 1 1/8 bit.
2. Find a miter saw for cutting PVC
3. Make templates for the spacing.

Template #1 Take left over 1x2 board and cut it to the length of the spacing you will be using. I used 8 inch spacing. Also etch the center point so when you draw the line on its edge it with indent the center point.

Template #2 and3 I had 4inch spacing between the bottom of the PVC to to bottom of the bottom section. I just used old PVC cut to this size Also the same for the top rail 20 inch from the bottom to the bottom of the top. No need you a tape measure after you make these.

The PVC will have to be secured with screws.

#9 ·
#11 ·
I picked up 15 8 foot 1x3's from home depot for $10. And I have been dumpster diving for pallets. It is truly amazing how many pallets people throw out! I just might keep bringing them home so I have enough wood to block the house up during a zombie invasion.

Anyhow, same concept as the guys above. After watching a kid walk through my yard kicking tombstones and tripping up cables, while his parents looked on laughing, I decided that I needed one this year. Can't wait to get them out and see the look at the neighbors faces!

#14 ·
if your looking to make a fence from wood you could go to a local more mom and pops type store or if there is a saw mill in you area and ask them for a low grade wood (#3 and lower is best) this will run you probably .09 cents a foot if not less.

#16 ·
PVC vs 1x2

I had used PVC for fencing I had found via the Monster Page of Halloween...but got tired of trying to store it! When i revised the Pillars last year, I opted to make the fencing out of 1x2's...($.69 per 8 feet at Menards) and...the best part...I have them screwed in so the fold accordian style and the all simply slide in the attic! Was a brilliant accident!!! :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.