Halloween Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am doing a museum theme this years where I used drop cloths as walls and made my garage into a 4 room museum. I have a lot of items with backstories that I came up with and will be printing out to go with the item. Some of the backstories are meant to be humorous, some informational and some a bit spooky. Some are long, some are short. Some are geared towards young kids, some towards older kids, and some towards adults who are accompanying the kids. I am going to put some of the items and descriptions in this thread.

Please tell me what you think. I am open to constructive criticism.

Do the stories sound good?
Do they make sense?
Should I just write it out or give tours telling the stories?

thanks in advance.

For the one room, I am doing a haunted item display. If anyone has ever seen Friday the 13th the t.v series it is a similar idea. Each item has a haunted back story
the first item is a crystal ball...... or in this case an orb of despair.

Unfortunately my phone was dying when I took the pictures and the flash was not working.

Orb of despair
Crystal balls have been a mainstay of fortune tellers for centuries. Fortune tellers look into the ball and tell you your future. Normally they see good things and tell you about all the happy things that are coming your way. They are a source of hope for a good future.

Every now and then a crystal ball is created called an orb of despair. An orb of despair has been touched by a demon. It does tell you your future if it chooses. Sometimes it shows you nothing, but sometimes it decides to show you your future. Unlike most crystal balls it shows you your death. And by using the orb of despair It changes your future so that you die a gruesome, painful bloody death within 48 hours of it showing you your future.
Many have thought they could control the orb through willpower...... none have succeeded.

This orb of despair was created on October 31st 45 B.C at the behest of Julius Caesar. He wanted a crystal ball to help him rule his empire. He had mystic druids from Stonehenge England that he had subjugated make it for him. The druids saw their chance at revenge and summoned a demon during its creation. All the druids in the room were sacrificed during its creation with only one Druid who remained outside the room surviving. Since it’s creation the orb of despair has orchestrated the death of thousands. Some notable deaths.

On March 13th 44 b.c Julius Caesar looked into the orb for the first and last time. He saw himself with a friend among a mob of people all slapping him on the back. On march 15th his friend Decimus Albinus and 60 others attacked Caesar stabbing him 23 times and killing him on the Senate floor where his body laid for 3 hours before someone removed it.

Joan of Arc supposedly looked into it on May 28th, 1431. All she saw was flames. 24 hours she was burned

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
The whole description did not paste and I can’t seem to edit the post so here is the entire description for the orb of despair.

Orb of despair

Crystal balls have been a mainstay of fortune tellers for centuries. Fortune tellers look into the ball and tell you your future. Normally they see good things and tell you about all the happy things that are coming your way. They are a source of hope for a good future.

Every now and then a crystal ball is created called an orb of despair. An orb of despair has been touched by a demon. It does tell you your future if it chooses. Sometimes it shows you nothing, but sometimes it decides to show you your future. Unlike most crystal balls it shows you your death. And by using the orb of despair It changes your future so that you die a gruesome, painful bloody death within 48 hours of it showing you your future.

Many have thought they could control the orb through willpower...... none have succeeded.

This orb of despair was created on October 31st 45 B.C at the behest of Julius Caesar. He wanted a crystal ball to help him rule his empire. He had mystic druids from Stonehenge England that he had subjugated make it for him. The druids saw their chance at revenge and summoned a demon during its creation. All the druids in the room were sacrificed during its creation with only one Druid who remained outside the room surviving. Since it’s creation the orb of despair has orchestrated the death of thousands. Some notable deaths.

On March 13th 44 b.c Julius Caesar looked into the orb for the first and last time. He saw himself with a friend among a mob of people all slapping him on the back. On march 15th his friend Decimus Albinus and 60 others attacked Caesar stabbing him 23 times and killing him on the Senate floor where his body laid for 3 hours before someone removed it.

Joan of Arc supposedly looked into it on May 28th, 1431. All she saw was flames. 24 hours she was burned at the stake.

On November 13th 1718 Blackbeard the pirate plundered a ship and came into possession of the orb of despair. A week later on November 20th he could no longer resist the temptation to look into the orb. All he saw was smoke from gunpowder and blood. Lot’s of blood. On November 22 his ship was attacked. He was shot 5 times, stabbed with a sword 20 time and had his head cut off.

Gregory Rasputin tried to use the orb to foresee the future of the Romanov Monarchy on December 28th 1916. He saw a party where he was eating cake and drinking wine. He did not live to see the new year. 40 hours after looking into the orb of despair he went to a party where his wine and cake was poisoned, he was beaten, shot and eventually drowned.

On November 21 1963 President John F. Kennedy came into possession of the orb and looked into it to see if he could see if he could get an advantage over the Russians. He saw himself in a car with his wife surrounded by loving crowds. The next day he visited Dallas Texas and was shot in the car with his brains splattering on his wife.

Look into the orb of despair if you want. But pray it does not show you your future, for if it does..... there is no hope...... just despair!!!!!

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Object number 2.

Dr. Rippers Plasma Globe

In the 1940’s Dr. Ripper started doing questionable human experiments. He wanted to learn as much about the living human brain as he could. Unfortunately for him he could not find any willing test subjects for his “brain experiments”.

Dr. Ripper devised a devious way to procure test subjects. He created an electric plasma ball. A globe where electricity forms within the globe and electric bolts dance along the inside of the glass globe.

His plasma ball had a dark secret. It was designed so that every tenth person who used it would received a large enough of a shock that they would be rendered unconscious so that he could then take them to his secret laboratory and conduct his heinous experiments on them. He knew that if everyone who touched the ball was electrocuted his nefarious scheme would quickly be discovered. By making it every tenth person he knew he could get away with his crime.

When they finally discovered his dark and grisly secret....... 34 bodies were found in his secret lab. Each with their brain removed. Dr. Ripper was put on trial and sentenced to death. His plasma globe disappeared........... until now

Touch the plasma globe if you dare......... just hope that 9 others did not do so before you.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The Lantern of Casey Jones

In the old days lanterns were used to send signals along railroads. In 1900 on a dark and stormy night a rock slide wiped out a bridge in northern Pa. A railroad man by the name of Casey Jones tried to warn an oncoming train that the bridge was out with his lantern but the lantern would not light. Jones ran to the track waving his arms to stop the train but the engineer did not see him and hit him before going over the cliff where the bridge had previously been killing all 53 people aboard the train. All they could find of Casey Jones after the crash was his lantern lying beside the tracks. The lantern was place in a memorial next to the tracks for Casey Jones who gave his life in a vain attempt to save the lives of others.

For years a man was seen walking the tracks with a lantern. When people spoke to him his only words were “The bridge, the bridge”. He would often fade away in front of the the startled observer who would then question if anyone was ever there.

The lantern itself disappeared in 1910. People often said that it would occasionally flare up on its own. The ghostly specter stopped appearing when the lantern disappeared. There were many rumors of the lantern showing up in the hands of people along with stories of a ghostly Spector muttering about a bridge. The story always ends with someone dying and the lantern disappearing again only to show up in the unfortunate hands of another victim.

The lantern on this shelf is said to be the lantern of Casey Jones. Beware your walk home tonight. If someone approaches you talking about a bridge, be warned, you may not be long for this world.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts