Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking for anywhere that sells cheap skeletons and skulls that are of good quality that dont cost me 3 fingers and a leg. Anyone know of any good sites?

·
Registered
590 Posts
Honestly i have spent hours looking in the past and I never see what I consider to be good priced decent skeletons this time of year. Costco generally has the best deals starting in July or August for around $40 each.

The other good time is in stores like Walgreens when they put their left over skeletons on sale after Halloween and you can pick them up for $12 each if you hit the right store at the right time.

·
Registered
963 Posts
In a pinch I have been known to take a cheap bluckie and modify it, replace the skull with a better looking skull and shadow the ribs and do things like that to make it work as a "creepy" skeleton. This would be my budgetary approach in a sudden situation, as really decent plastic skeletons tend to be a little pricey.

·
Registered
681 Posts
I have 24 pose and stay skeletons in our inventory. The first one my wife got years ago from Grandin Road for $90. And we once had several bucky ones that have mostly been replaced now, but I have managed to take a couple of those and using 1/2" PVC to redo them and make them a little more sturdy. There is a video someone posted on how to make them posable with PVC if you are looking for a very inexpensive solution. As for the Pose and stay we have picked them up for as little as $30 up to $90. most of them came from Menards for $30 or target for $40. All with great quality.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone! I will continue to keep my eyes open. Im looking to corps the who thing out kinda like the skull on the left on my profile pic (which is from walgreens and great price of $4.99)

·
Registered
114 Posts
Other than hitting an after Halloween sale at the right store at the right time, the best regular price deal I've been able to find on a full size skeleton with "descent" quality is $30 from Home Depot. The quality is not great (but descent) and its clearly a seasonal item, but that's the best bang for the buck I've found so far.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
I get excited when I find a pose n stay for under $40 and grab a couple if I have the cash.

I just wish I could find some more of the glow in the dark ones like Target had several years ago.

·
Registered
566 Posts
I agree with 65Ace. Home Depot has a great price on skeletons for the Halloween season. The quality is good for the price (its only a Halloween prop for cryin' out loud) and I buy 2 or three every year. If they are out of stock in their store I get them online for $29.99 including shipping.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Since the $29.99 Skeletons are a seasonal item at Home Depot, I don't expect to see them available again online until around August and not in the stores until October.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Seems appropriate for this thread: does anyone know a good place to purchase a 4ft skeleton (or around that size) for a decent price?

I built a prop that neds a skelton in it but the standard 5 footers are too big, and most of the "small" ones are around 3 ft and too small. It's a real Goldilocks scenario... haha

1 - 20 of 20 Posts