Halloween Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
20,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Many here know of Design Toscano by now, and for good reason, of course. Another exclusive of theirs, Gomorrah is a new item and is a very respectable size for $35. I have seen more than a few members on the lookout for larger gargoyles that actually look like a beast and are priced reasonably, so I figured that I would mention this new addition to the company's menagerie. They have lots of other great grotesques, too, for those who have never been to the site. http://www.designtoscano.com/produc....do?sortby=bestSellersAscend&refType=&from=fn

Sculpture Gargoyle Stone carving Statue Art

·
Insert Witty Comment Here
4,484 Posts
Looks like the ones I picked up at Big Lots a few years ago when Big Lots was a place to go for Halloween decor and lights..

Got me thinking that I should start an album with pics of my Gargoyles.

Rite Aid is good for small ones,

Target used to be good

I've ound some good ones the past couple years at the BX (military jargon for store)

A local nursery has started carrying Design Toscano stuff....just a couple of items...but seeing them in person makes it easier to validate that the price is worth it.

·
Registered
20,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would love to see your gargoyles, Scatterbrains. I do not recall glimpsing a similar gargoyle (just a shoddy hard foam 'goyle), but Big Lots did have nice quality resin items quite a while ago, which I wish that they would have continued carrying. Target used to have fantastic ones, although their Halloween selection in general is second-rate compared to what they offered previously, in my opinion. I have yet to be disappointed with a grotesque from Design Toscano, and I own more than a few (mostly smaller-medium ones). When they offer free shipping or 25% off, it is difficult to be disappointed, so I suggest ordering then. No stores around here carry any of their selection, but Kmart offered a few DT items online years ago at phenomenal rates, which is how I came to own Silas, my only truly large statue, for less than half his normal asking price. I will also be posting pictures at some point.

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Nice-looking gargoyle/grotesque-- it makes me wish for a pair of gate columns.
I'm a Design Toscano fan too! I'd much rather spend my money on one nicely-detailed, built-to-last piece from there than on several cheap-looking plastic props from discount stores. If you can catch the elusive 25% off plus free shipping, their items can even be cheaper than the plastic crap.
I always have a couple items in my cart, ready for consideration if a great deal comes up.

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,677 Posts
I got a pair of these at Target a couple years back. Target is hit or miss and some years they have nice looking gargoyles, while others they don't.

Here's another pair I got at Target about 6 yrs ago. They make nice column toppers and have held up very well over time

Reactions: 22606 and ooojen
1 - 15 of 15 Posts