Halloween Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Most pre-wired LEDs I've come across are usually 4' or longer, but I'm looking for a 2' strand plus an on/off switch - the small ones you see on most battery operated things you buy at Michael's, HomeGoods, etc.

Does anyone here have a source for such things? I'm looking to make a lighted frame but want to provide an on/off switch to make it easier to turn on and off and small enough to incorporate into the frame somehow.

I've mostly dealt with LED's for my haunt and run them off big battery packs, so I'm unfamiliar if something smaller is out there.

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
Not sure I undetstand what exactly you're looking for, do you want something pre-wired to a switch? You'll have to make some type of battery connection even if the rest is pre-wired. Ebay is the best source for small switches and loose LED's.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'd like to have 3-4 LED's line the bottom of the inside of a picture frame. Those LED's would ideally run off a button battery and have a small on/off switch. I can wire everything together, just really looking to find the battery pack and switch.

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
7,507 Posts
I can't find them on their site, but I was just at At Home (used to be Garden Ridge) and they had very small LED light (the fairy light sized) strands, battery op, swear they were using the button cell batteries. They came in purple, orange (really looked peach/pink) and warm white. They were hanging on the ends of the Halloween section aisles, in small 4" x 6" boxes I believe. I don't remember the price or the actual length tho.

I've also seen these microdot battery op lights at Target in the seasonal section at the front of the store, but some from Walmart's site too.

Do a search for micro dot or fairy or rice lights, battery operated, and you might find something on Amazon maybe if those aren't easy to track down.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks! I'll keep doing some searches. I found the battery compartments I was looking for so now I'll figure out the lights.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Any electronics hobby website should have the wiring, battery case and LED's. This is probably going to be a custom solution.
Sites include: digikey.com mouser.com sparkfun.com/

·
Registered
8 Posts
Most pre-wired LEDs I've come across are usually 4' or longer, but I'm looking for a 2' strand plus an on/off switch - the small ones you see on most battery operated things you buy at Michael's, HomeGoods, etc.

Does anyone here have a source for such things? I'm looking to make a lighted frame but want to provide an on/off switch to make it easier to turn on and off and small enough to incorporate into the frame somehow.

I've mostly dealt with LED's for my haunt and run them off big battery packs, so I'm unfamiliar if something smaller is out there.
Hello RG,
Recently I began working with LEDs in my projects and have found that Amazon has a great selection of them prewired. You can also add battery snaps to them for them to run off 9 volt batteries. There are many different colors from which to choose. You can get constant lighted LEDs or flashing ones. Just type in "prewired LEDs" on Amazon. The prices are pretty cheap.
The site where you can find on and off switches is a model railroad supply site. The LEDs, however, are much more expensive on the model railroad site. Hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts