Halloween Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for suggestions on a Halloween related audio book. I'm not looking for horror but something directly Halloween related. I have The Halloween tree so that one is covered what others ones are out there? BTW I'm a member of Audible.com and have a credit waiting so something I can get from them would be great.

·
Ridin' The Storm Out
1,076 Posts
Have you tried searching on Amazon for Halloween books? Or Barnes & Noble. Even if you don't buy from them, you can find some titles you might be interested in, then see if they're available on audible.

One series that I would immediately suggest, though not specifically Halloween related, would be The Dresden Files. Good for the rest of the year, once you get your Halloween fix.

·
Registered
383 Posts
You'll have to look hard for this, but it's the best Halloween Book every written, and the audio book is actually read by the author. It's called "A Night in the Lonesome October" by Roger Zelazny. This Lovcraftian tale has a number of strange people gathering in a small English town to perform a ceremony called "The Game" on Halloween night. Half, called Openers, are trying to bring the old gods back into the world. Their opponents, the Closers, want to keep things the way they are. The players include Jack the Ripper, Dracula, Dr. Frankenstein and the monster, Rasputin the mad monk, Larry Talbot and an observer looking into all the murders occurring during October, Sherlock Holmes. All the players have familiars and the story is told from the perspective of Snuff, a large dog who is the "companion" of Jack. Written with total wit and style, this was Zelazny's last book I think. I'm pretty sure the audio version of "A Night in the Lonesome October" is still available from Amazon. Check it out. You won't be sorry.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts