Halloween Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont know what to buy. I would like some help as to what kind i should get how much fog it should put out how big of a unit i should get. So if you have any info please let me know thanks. Oh and it needs to be kinda cheap too thanks.

·
Banned
524 Posts

·
Banned
524 Posts
Below is a good video that will explain just how they work. Basically you fill it with ice. You have an inlet side and a outlet side. The fog machine shots fog in the inlet side and makes its way through the duct work that is in the ice then comes out the outlet side chilled allowing for the fog to hug the ground and last long.

The video below is built pretty much like the one in the link I posted above. It will let you see generally how it works. I would use the one above to build one.

YouTube - Fog Chiller Trash Can Style with Bag on Outlet Halloween Yard Haunt How-to

·
Banned
524 Posts
Party city has foggers on sale 25% off I pick a I fog 700 watt fogger with timer and juice for $ 48. Great machine, smoke's like the space shuttle. It was a 2 week demo so I got an extra nice deal. Still have one 400 watt that runs well and ne that just died on me.
Compared to what though? That is where most first time buyers are mislead. If you have never owned a machine before you might think the one you got for cheap from Party City is great until you match it up against a higher end machine. Then you will see the difference.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Look at my pics before you talk comparison

Compared to what though? That is where most first time buyers are mislead. If you have never owned a machine before you might think the one you got for cheap from Party City is great until you match it up against a higher end machine. Then you will see the difference.
Oh I've owned 4 machines ...I'm 48 years old and have been fogging a long time, you must have not seen my pics in the thread the Fog rolled in.....that was done with a very cheap 400 watt fogger and no chiller. My new one blows like the space shuttle and for the $$$ is a good one.Compare to what you ask ? I think my pics make a pretty good statement on fogging and comparisons !

·
Banned
524 Posts
What kind of machines are the others though?

The Spirit machines last year were pretty good for 700 watts for the money. I have a cheap fitco 400 watt machine from Party City that goes in props, but if you were to place those next to my 1200 watt Chauvet or 1700 watt Martin or Lightwave machines they are like night and day. So what might seem like a good machine could actually be a lot better for just a little more cash is what I am trying to say. Most people will buy these cheap foggers and think they are just the world. Then they see my bad boys and it puts them to shame. Then when they hear how much I paid they nearly start crying....LoL I think a lot of people are undereducated when they buy there first machine and don't know much about them. So when they do get a machine from one of these box stores for cheap and think it is a good fogger and it might be, but for just a bit more money you could get a machine that is even 100 times better and really notice a difference and it will make the cheap one look just like that cheap.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts