Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to buy 12v dc gear motors, low rpm. electronic goldmine.com used to carry them, but I'm open to other low rpm motors.

·
Funeral Crasher
7,435 Posts
Yea, those 12 volt DC low RPM motors are few and far between right now. I always try to keep my eye out for them.
I started using low RPM AC motors I order from China off E-bay.

MadMax on the forum here sells them too.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
You may want to check out "Deal Extreme" (dx.com). I saw some low RPM geared motors on there real cheap. I think they are out of China, though, so keep that in mind. I've never ordered from them myself, but the site was recommended to me. Some neat stuff on there.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Try AllElectronics.com they are my favorite place for parts.
Unfortunately, they don't have anything reasonable in DC below 10 RPM. I wish they did - the shortage really is sad. I wonder if there are other, larger market forces at work, or whether it's really driven by the Halloween demand...

You may want to check out "Deal Extreme" (dx.com). I saw some low RPM geared motors on there real cheap. I think they are out of China, though, so keep that in mind. I've never ordered from them myself, but the site was recommended to me. Some neat stuff on there.
I've ordered from DealExtreme before, and while the quality is often what you'd expect for such a site, I've been pretty satisfied with them: the prices are good, shipping is free, and anyway, a lot of times when you're just going to pull the thing apart the quality is as good as it needs to be. I hadn't seen their gear motors before - good call! These look interesting:

http://dx.com/p/high-torque-5rpm-12v-dc-geared-motor-91626
http://dx.com/p/13mm-12v-8rpm-high-torque-dc-geared-motor-111323

·
A 1 man army of darkness
2,586 Posts
Since everyone's already mentioned most of the best places to find them offhand, I'll just say that those gear motors of the style CDW linked should be checked out upon taking delivery. I have a couple of the exact same style that have a lot of gear lash, which makes them very noisy to say the least. That said, the other 8 out of the batch of 7 rpm versions were of much better quality, so ymmv.

Mine came from SurplusCenter.com btw. But they seem to be out of anything of reasonable quality > 14 rpm DC gear heads that isn't a super expensive Bison brand at the moment. They do have plenty of selection in the low rpm AC gear motors though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts