Halloween Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This summer finally got my own house! YAY! Was looking forward to a huge yard to display all my items, well seems like someone enjoyed all of my Halloween and Christmas décor that it all got taken from a storage unit where no one saw anything! I hope it's loved where ever it went too, so stayed away from the forum since I figured I would not celebrate Halloween this year, but who am I kidding any Halloween Lover can not stay away and no matter what something will be displayed this year, Halloween will not pass me by!!! Below are some pics of past Halloween and one with my sister and I ready to scare the kids!!! Enjoy!

Halloween 2012 1.jpg
halloween 2012 2.jpg
Halloween 20123.jpg
Halloween 2012 4.jpg
Halloween 2012 5.jpg
halloween 2012.jpg
[ Halloween 2014.jpg
Halloween 2014.jpg
Halloween 2014 (2).jpg
Halloween Daylight.jpg
Right side House.jpg
Sister and I.jpg

·
Seer of All
2,939 Posts
Wow - that is a crying shame! You had some great stuff.
So, it was all in a storage unit - the kind you rent by the month and lock with a key - and it still got stolen? How did the unit's management explain that?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes a big name storage center where you lock with your own lock, all they told me was that my items were not insured and that they don't know if my claims are true since they don't know what was in storage. I asked if they can review the video and I was told I needed a police report, it was so time consuming and trying to set up the new house I gave up

·
Registered
399 Posts
I'm gutted for you.. what an utter nightmare. You had a great looking display and loads and loads of super props ,and I'm sure you will again. You're right....Once you've been bitten by the Halloween bug it's got you for good lol.

·
Somewhat Eccentric
2,278 Posts
So sorry. :( Glad your Halloween spirit has come back and I'm sure your display will be better than ever in the future. :)

If it's any consolation, just imagine the thieves horror and surprise when they open up a box thinking it was Christmas decorations and find that bloody severed head staring back at them. :D Might scare them into never stealing again!

·
Going bump in the night..
3,388 Posts
Rotten thieves - may they have to travel the 405 daily for the rest of their lives as penance!
(for those who don't know, the 405 is a 72 mile long parking lot joining South Orange County to Northwest Los Angeles)

Just look at this as an opportunity to change up your decor, and finally have a reason to build that prop (or props) you've been putting off, as you had no where to put it / them.
10 foot giant spider? Sure!! 8 foot monster mud reaper? Plenty of room!

Opportunity!

·
A Great Pumpkin
3,103 Posts
Oof that's awful (and I would still consider filing a police report once you get things settled). Glad you're still keeping the spirit though! Can't wait to see this years!!

·
Registered
14,093 Posts
Oof that's awful (and I would still consider filing a police report once you get things settled). Glad you're still keeping the spirit though! Can't wait to see this years!!

I feel the same way on both accounts.

As for the theft, you have photos of a lot of your stuff and I'd almost wonder if one of the other "tenants" of the storage lockers didn't break in. If so their name and info would be on file, maybe not current but a name is a good place to start along with any video photos of the perps and showing them carrying it out of your locker. Hopefully it wouldn't be anyone working there.

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
oh, jeeez. I am sooo sorry that happened to you and now, frankly, i'm terrified it will happen to me! i have most of my halloween in storage now because we are getting our house ready to sell. I just cannot imagine it being taken from a locked facility.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Sorry to hear that! People can be so rotten :( Maybe it'll turn into "How the Grinch Stole Halloween"? Well, one can hope. Glad your spirit is still alive!! :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts