Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
6,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A co worker told me about this candy store in an arty section of my city. There are two stores, owned by the same people: Candylicious and The Chocolate Bar.

They do custom candy, chocolate and carry candy from all over and stuff you probably remember from your childhoods... and go all out for the holidays.

I was in sheer heaven! LOOK at the Halloween stuff!!

They make things like this jack o' lantern completely out of packaged candy!

One of Candylicious' displays. That's a coffin full of wax fangs in the middle!

The Chocolate Bar's custom made JoL... EVERYTHING is chocolate!

Some of the chocolate skulls and mummy boxes I bought - the large skull in the center is about 10 inches high.

One of the Chocolate Bar's displays. Chocolate covered oreos, pretzels, rice crispy treats, JoL, and all manner of bars!

We got several of the smaller skulls for our prizes (since we're having our party on Nov. 1st - sort of fits with the day of the dead) and picked up some real chocolate covered ants and crickets... I passed on the cheddar cheese flavored larvae tho! :eek:

Some of the candy we got. Note the extra long gummy snake and the giant Frankenstein pez dispenser. It lights up and has sound effects!

I am sooooooo happy - these stores were so cool!:cool:

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
6,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Do they have a Website I can order from?
I wish. They don't even have a website period. They don't ship even for people walking in the store. Awesome place, but strictly local. :(

I didn't show the cakes and cheesecakes and cookies... and the ice cream. They make them all from scratch and the ice cream... OMG it was sheer heaven.:D

The do ALL holidays really big, but I was thrilled to find the Halloween stuff!!! But it's such a drive!

·
Registered
814 Posts
That is fantastic!!!

I wish a store was like that near Dallas!

I'm having a neighborhood party next wednesday

·
The Halloween King
626 Posts
That is incredible.

I would love to see a store like that. Hell i get excited when i see the bakery stores around here doing full displays of baked halloween goods and gingerbread men.

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
6,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
6,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
wow that looks soooooo awesome!!!! So theres only 2 of those stores?? And i'm assuming there both in Texas????
Far as I know. I didn't even know these were here until a co worker told me about them.

Would be nice if there were more, but I'm pretty sure they aren't a chain or franchise.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Frankie's Girl, you must be in Houston! I went to grad school there and practically lived at the chocolate bar. Sadly, I dont think I learned about it's existance until after Halloween. I miss it. You have to try one of the triple creme truffles they make in store for me. If they did deliver I'd order them all the time. Thanks for sharing the pics of their Halloween goodies.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts