Halloween Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so maybe you havn't been anticipating this, but I do feel guilty that I havn't shared more sooner.

Here they are: Halloween Props - 2009 - a set on Flickr

A break done:

FCG - using one of my great stuff skulls. Its been living in the laundry room for about 6 months now, annoying my wife every time she needs to use the dryer.

Fence Columns - Made with OSB. Candle is your standard PVC candle found on here. Skeletion is from the dollar store, painted red, and attached with hot glue. Wife is the artist when it comes to details, so she did the sign painting. But I got to help pick out the font, yay!

Full Sized Coffin - Made from pallets so basically free.

Ground Breaker Coffin - Pallets as well and taken from ideas here. Cut a hole in the top and stuck one of those $5 hands you can pick up at various stores.

Papermache Skeletons - You can see the ribs hanging here. They are complete now, so I will have to share more pictures. All I can say about this, is that it takes a very very long time to make these. Its been a year long project and I wasn't until a week ago that I thought I would actually complete them this year.

Tombstones - I'm rather proud at how well these came out. It seems to be the standard around here to use foam to make tombstones. But since I didn't really want to take on another style I tried my hand at wood.

- How they break down. Traced out my tombstone on OSB. Cut out with jig saw and made 2 sides. Where there was a straight edge I placed 1X3's to give it its thickness. Then on the curves I placed wall patch material. Its like a sticky mesh that comes on a roll. Once in place I added drywall mud on the patch material as well as down the sides to cover the wood lines. I then used drylock to seal the mud. Finally painted with a grey primer and a stone spray paint.

There is also a Vacancy one on this list partially done. Just the concept of sticking red lights inside to make the sign glow.

Fence - Fence is made out of pallet wood and 1X3's run horizontally. We got them up today as the weather was descent enough.

That should cover it. Please share your comments and let me know if you have any questions!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Very cool. I am going to have to find a place for a fence like that.

·
Registered
14,073 Posts
Looking good! Did a slideshow of your photos and saw lots to like. Coffin looks great. Really liked the arm breaking out of one. The LED candle light looks nice on the column signage too BTW. Looks like you have a pretty big yard to enclose so can see why you needed so many columns. Rib cages looking good. Nice work corpsifying them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts