Halloween Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Couldnt tell..They actually have a mini foyer/hall at this store. When you enter and have to turn to the left to enter.. they had a black plastic draping that obscured view..I would say that it has to be stocked since we are looking at 1 week away (wow..just realized we are already ar Aug 7)!

·
Insert Witty Comment Here
4,484 Posts
Couldnt tell..They actually have a mini foyer/hall at this store. When you enter and have to turn to the left to enter.. they had a black plastic draping that obscured view..I would say that it has to be stocked since we are looking at 1 week away (wow..just realized we are already ar Aug 7)!
That's a pretty early opening. While they may be stocked, they may not have received all their merchandise in when they open...

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This particular store is 2 miles from the local hq for Spencer gifts (spirits parent company). It is in egg harbor township located in southern NJ (about 20 minutes from atlantic city). I am sure they are probably soft opening this one to see potential issues etc.
They keep this store year round even though it is open for only a few months.. rumor has it they work on design concepts, floor layouts etc the rest of the year..I will see if I can attach a go pro to myself when I check it out...

·
Registered
22 Posts
This particular store is 2 miles from the local hq for Spencer gifts (spirits parent company). It is in egg harbor township located in southern NJ (about 20 minutes from atlantic city). I am sure they are probably soft opening this one to see potential issues etc.
They keep this store year round even though it is open for only a few months.. rumor has it they work on design concepts, floor layouts etc the rest of the year..I will see if I can attach a go pro to myself when I check it out...
That's only about an hour south from me. I may have to check this out on one of my days off. I checked spirithalloween.com to check out the store locator and while it doesn't have locations listed yet, it does say "We will have over 1100 stores across the US and Canada opening for the 2015 Halloween season. Please check back in mid August to find the Spirit store nearest you." Maybe they will be opening store earlier this year?

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,606 Posts
That's a pretty early opening. While they may be stocked, they may not have received all their merchandise in when they open...
^^this^^
Seems they are opening earlier each year but they don't have a lot of things. Ours was open in August last year but it was about three weeks before they had all of their props and lighting in.

·
Registered
50 Posts
The Spirit store near me (southern Arizona) has a sign out that says opening soon. It is already is set up inside with aisles and registers so I think it will be open within or about two weeks!

·
Registered
449 Posts
Drove by a store just a few days ago near me, didn't get a chance to peak in to see when it'll be open, but it seems like it's still early!

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Halloween is on a saturday this year. I wonder if spirit sees an increase in profits because the parents can join in and go to parties after ToT without having to worry about work/School the next day.
I wonder if the adult costume section will grow this year?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts