Halloween Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well for years,10 exactly, I have attended the largest local haunt. Talon Falls and The Dead End Haunted House.Well if all will forgive my long and rambling review and comments in advance I would appreciate it.Talon Falls does not have parking and requires all attendees to take a shuttle from a local community college.It is roughly 4 miles from shuttle pickup to the attraction.The operators of Talon Falls recommends that you start with the Dead End Haunted House which is 18 miles away and prepurchase tickets for both sites.Well we did as directed and spent a total of 4 hours and 25 minutes of standing in line to see all the attractions.This was supposed to be the 10th anniversary of the haunt and was supposed to be bigger and better than before with a comeback of some of the old characters.Well it was basically a rerouting of the old haunt with not much new stuff in it.Wasnt scarry at all.To make an even bigger bummer due to the crowd size they wre running groups to close together and you would have to stop and wait in line inside the haunt to view the scenes.You would here people scream in front of you and when you got there,it wasnt a sufficient amount of time for animatronics or actors to reset.We had actors apologizing to us during the haunt. I know this may sound petty,but we deliberately support our local haunts so they will continue to operate.It just blew me away that it was so poorly executed this year.My small towm has a population of 28000 people yet Talon Falls has roughly 30000 customers each year. Just cant imagine it beinh much worse.Now the good news,Dead End was a lot of fun and scarry,and next year they are moving all 3 haunts to one place at the D.E. AND WILL INCLUDE A HAYRIDE.Thanks for listening to my rant.I just spend a ton of money travelling to different cities to see the haunts.As far away as 8-10 hours and have 9 of the top 13 haunts in the nation. I always work overtime to afford to attend the local haunts so that there will continue to be local haunts and just feel the operators should show a little gratitude that we locals continue to attend. Thakns Halo

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
6,880 Posts
Sorry for the pain in the @ss haunt set up...

(hey, you're from my home town! Small world, huh?)

Just read about the haunts, and I can understand the problem now. What a stupid place to put a haunt - Todd Ferren's photography place is TINY and you're right, the parking would barely hold 20 cars if that. (that's where I had to go to get my senior pics).

Sounds like a small haunt that grew WAY over what they intended and didn't make good enough future plans to avoid the problems.

I would hope that next year's location is much better and the haunts are more fun.
Waiting around for hours or being bussed to locations is NOT fun.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts