Halloween Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone bought the "live wires" from Spirit Halloween yet? I saw them yesterday and am thinking of buying them. I would love to see pics in your display to give me some ideas on how to use them.... link to "live wires" below .

Attachments

·
Registered
566 Posts
I have not bought them yet but I am seriously thinking of getting them to work into my Haunted Forest Power Station prop. Right now I just have the electrician working on the power station holding regular wires that I have "Frayed" out but they actually don't do anything when he gets electrocuted. I am thinking that these wires would add a lot to this prop.

·
Registered
182 Posts
They actually had them set up in the rear of the store where the dimly lit back wall displays were and I tripped the sensor and they scared the crap out of me at first lol

·
Registered
326 Posts
Yes, I had to have one after seeing them work in Spirit. Similar to the bag of Mice, battery operated vibration but with blue LEDs on the plastic cable.
uses a try me button on the carded product and then switches to sound activated ( I believe). In Lowes for about $7.00 I bought a small sub panel box, grey with a cover (similar to a breaker box). I've punched out the prepunched plugs (on the bottom and back) and plan to cut a slot in the top.
Then I want a "high voltage sign, (the spirit plastic is $12.00) and maybe a coil of bx cable draped around (over) it, but still need to figure WHERE it should go, but will FORCE it in somewhere.

·
Soccer and Lacrosse Dad
1,774 Posts
I was speaking to our Spirit owner and his location only got two....the two for the display. These might not be something to wait on if you want them.

They actually had them set up in the rear of the store where the dimly lit back wall displays were and I tripped the sensor and they scared the crap out of me at first lol

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hmmm...ok I saw about 4 at our location so I better go grab one. I'll figure out something to do with it in my haunt!

·
Registered
14,073 Posts
I bought Live Wires shortly after one of my SH stores opened, the last unit until more were shipped to them. So it is a popular item for those on the fence especially I think because it's at the lower end of props there too. Sure beats buying it in the store over having it shipped from SH.

I found a metal utility box at Goodwill that I will use with it. My box isn't very deep (3-4 inches I think) so I decided NOT to punch out any holes and try to cut anything on the box (imagine that was going to be super difficult to do anyway) but instead came up with a plan to create a false box behind it out of wood with an opening at the bottom that will allow me to hide the prop inside and give me a surface to mount my thin metal box onto. The new combo box can then be hung on the wall. I'll paint both boxes the same color for a uniform look and really doubt anyone will notice it's actually 2 sections. Because the top of the prop is all clumped together it doesn't look that presentable anyway the way it is and so this way just the conduit and wires will be hanging out to below. When I go to actually create the back box I'll have to make sure the sensor is accessible or maybe try adding a pressure sensitive mat to it so that as they are walking past it it will surprise them when they are right next to it.

If I hadn't found the utility box to use, I probably would have considered hiding it somehow overhead next to some metal foil ductwork and pipes. For anything I might do I think the wall panel box will be easier to mount than any overhead set up.

My Live Wires will be for a future haunt of a military research lab overrun by aliens infected with a zombie virus and I won't get to it for some time. Hope I described clearly enough how I'll approach it. If anyone sees any potential issues with this method, love to hear some feedback.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts