Halloween Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sadly, there's already been a fitting tribute to Mr. Nimoy in Star Trek II yet it's very appropriate today with Mr. Nimoy's passing:

We are assembled here today to pay final respects to our honored dead. And yet it should be noted, in the midst of our sorrow, this death takes place in the shadow of new life, the sunrise of a new world; a world that our beloved comrade gave his life to protect and nourish. He did not feel this sacrifice a vain or empty one, and we will not debate his profound wisdom at these proceedings. Of my friend, I can only say this: Of all the souls I have encountered in my travels, his was the most...human.
I shared a birthday with the man, he was such a part of my childhood with reruns of Star Trek, Mission Impossible, & In Search Of which just fueled my cryptozoological interest as a kid.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Indeed—a sad day.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP."

-The last Tweet of Leonard Nimoy

·
The Big Kahuna of Fright
4,328 Posts
I grew up in the '60's, a big SciFi fan, read all the nerdy stuff years before it was cool. Spock was, and will always be, a major part of American Pop Culture. Live long and prosper...

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just watched the Star Trek episode where he thought he killed Jim & he gets all happy once he's back on the ship & Jim isn't dead. His reaction is pure Spock & priceless!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts