Halloween Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any ideas on how I could make a giant plant like Audrey II, that wouldn't cost me a million dollars?

I thought about chicken wire and paper mache, but I have never got the hang of shaping the chicken wire-any advise on that would be great.

I just moved back into a place that might actually get some TOT's and I have an itch to build something. I've made things out of pink foam board and out of great stuff, I've worked with paper mache a little.

Any suggestions would be great.

·
Super Moderator
5,742 Posts
First of all, LOVE the sig.

Second, love the idea of doing Audrey. Among my favorite shows. (both the musical remake and original)

I think you've covered the possible methods I can come up with:

Chicken wire/mache, or carving foam.

You could try a smaller guage wire that shapes easier, then support that with some duct tape, perhaps?

·
Registered
916 Posts
If you are talking about a static prop I would say plywood, chicken wire and monster mud. I just build a horse so I am sure Audrey II can be built. However, when I think of Audrey II I think of the plant going from a vertical position to a horizontal position and doing all of that talking. I dont see an easy way to accomplish that without that million bucks you dont want to spend.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Maybe look for old couch cusions, carve, cover with fabric, or puppet foam and glue together like a big muppet. I also saw someone use wheel barrow buckets. Although it might be a little heavy. good luck

These may be helpful for inspiration
Audrey II from "Little Shop of Horrors"
Menagerie Of Puppets: Little Shop of Horrors Audrey #4-1
Audreycreationpage
AUDREY2.com - AUDREY II's SCRAPBOOK
Muppet Central News - Marty Robinson and "Little Shop of Horrors" arrive on Broadway
Benvenuti Performing Arts Center

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you are talking about a static prop I would say plywood, chicken wire and monster mud. I just build a horse so I am sure Audrey II can be built. However, when I think of Audrey II I think of the plant going from a vertical position to a horizontal position and doing all of that talking. I dont see an easy way to accomplish that without that million bucks you dont want to spend.

I saw your horse-awesome!! I don't want the Audrey to move, just be static and I want to have a pair of legs or an arm sticking out of it's mouth. I just thought that a scary garden theme would be fun and different. It's just and idea I've been thinking about for a while. It's either gonna be this or mummies.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Maybe look for old couch cusions, carve, cover with fabric, or puppet foam and glue together like a big muppet. I also saw someone use wheel barrow buckets. Although it might be a little heavy. good luck

These may be helpful for inspiration
Audrey II from "Little Shop of Horrors"
Menagerie Of Puppets: Little Shop of Horrors Audrey #4-1
Audreycreationpage
AUDREY2.com - AUDREY II's SCRAPBOOK
Muppet Central News - Marty Robinson and "Little Shop of Horrors" arrive on Broadway
Benvenuti Performing Arts Center
Great links and good ideas-thanks!

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
First of all, LOVE the sig.

Second, love the idea of doing Audrey. Among my favorite shows. (both the musical remake and original)

I think you've covered the possible methods I can come up with:

Chicken wire/mache, or carving foam.

You could try a smaller guage wire that shapes easier, then support that with some duct tape, perhaps?
Gotta love the Little Orphant Annie-my Dad used to read that to me when I was a kid. I'm gonna really have to rack my brain on this one and see if I can make it come to fruition! You guys have inspired me!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts