Halloween Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you all for the comments! And just so everyone knows the post was stationary, I would stay very still and when the older kids had got their candy I would climb down and start walking after them. The costume and same conecpt worked quite well at my girl friend house too. I was sitting outside in chair next to a table. The candy bowl was set on the table and whenever kids came up to grab a piece of candy I would quickly jerk the bowl off the table. Ha ha got some very nice scares

·
Good Ghoul Gone Bad
747 Posts
I was a creepy scarecrow 2 years ago (more like a SCAR-crow), and even though I was more of a full-figured scarecrow, it's amazing how underestimatingly creepy they are... Nothing like wearing a full over-the-head latex mask for Halloween in Florida (where I was living then). I thought you did a nice job on the hay stuffed look too.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Love it, I assume that you chased the TOT'ers and really scarred them. The poles really help sell the costume!!

I did something similar and stuffed my belly and legs with newspaper. HELPED absorb the punches from the TOT'ers. Proved I was fake, they got their candy now ignoring me....turned their attention to going to the next house. LETS just say I got even!!!!

-PB

·
Shadow box dancer
1,404 Posts
I saw a video one time of a guy who wore sheet-rocking stilts under his scarecrow outfit and did pretty much the same thing you did. He was out on his front yard on a huge cross and would walk out after kids. With the stilts he was close to 10 feet tall. Very creepy!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts