Halloween Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys! So I picked up this Vampire blood jar today at Michaels, and I was wondering if anyone had suggestions on what liquid to put in it? I didn't know if just water and food colouring were the go to thing or if there was some other method people used.
Thanks! :) IMG_6716.jpg
I also plan on adding some vamp teeth as it says unfiltered :cool:

Typical Ghoul Next Door
Nice bottle and label - I love Michaels!

Karo syrup (or pancake syrup) with a little bit of red food coloring. It will look thicker than water and give you more of a blood effect. Mix the food coloring into it before you put it in the bottle (might have to thin it out a tiny bit with a tea spoon of water). And don't forget to empty it out of the bottle for storage (that could get gross if you store it with the syrup in there!)

I personally would save it to use on pancakes after Halloween as long as the bottle was washed prior to putting the syrup in there - bloody pancakes! :D

There are all sorts of potion/apothecary bottle threads on the forum with lots of ideas for stuff you can put into bottles to match their labels... definitely do some searching around these parts. :)

Registered
I would add baby oil, cooking oil, or as the above poster mentioned Karo syrup ( that I haven't tried, but I soon will) and even glitter if you'd like!

Registered
I wonder how steamed mushy rice in hair gel might look. That might be my sleep brain talking.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts