Halloween Forum banner

Liquid Latex

1836 Views 7 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  UnOrthodOx
Hello all! I need a crash course in liquid latex. It seems to be a popular thing, used by many on the forum, for various projects. I'm in the process of constructing a ground breaker and I'm trying to figure out the best way to weather proof him and give him character. It will be mostly construced out of rolled up newspaper.

So:

What brand works well and where can I purchase it?
What are the pros and cons of the stuff?
What effects can be acheived by using latex?

Also, any tips that you can give, would be awesome :)

Thanks ya'll!:D
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Banned
534 Posts
A lot of people buy the expired stuff but i tell ya for just a few bucks more you can buy from these guys. Thats where i buy and what i use. Screamline Studios

Now what cant you do with latex is the question. What are your plans just corpsing? make limbs etc...List goes on and on. latex sticks to itself so if you pulling something out of a mold before you do i brush on color set powder and go slow pulling it out and brush on outside while pulling also. Dont want to mess up a piece.

Few things make sure your not allergic,make sure you have ventilated area with moving air b/c the ammonia can bother ya. Sometimes it burns my nose and lungs. OH AND DO NOT GET IN ANY FABRIC AT ALL! :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.