Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Resident Lunatic
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I know it's early, but I waited too long before preparing for last Halloween and didn't get everything done. I'm starting early this year.

Long story short. It has been decided that I be Freddy Krueger next Halloween. Not my idea, but it might be fun.

I'm going to use a bald wig and cover my entire head and neck with gelatin and then flesh colored liquid latex touched up with red makeup. I've used liquid latex before, but never this much. It would be a disaster if I was making up for the party and ran out of latex before I finished. My question is how much latex should I buy to make sure that I have enough for the entire makeup job?

·
Resident Lunatic
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can buy it at the Spirit store 16 miles away, or at a novelty store I shop at once in a while 25 miles away, but I don't think they carry the large sizes. I've only seen the large sizes like you suggest online. If I run out, there won't be time to get more. You're probably right. I should keep plenty on hand.

Thanks, Bear.

B

·
0 Posts
Yeah, you shouldn't need that much, but, for the price it's a good thing to have on hand in the event you do need more. Plus, you can always do your left hand to match the freddy make-up.

Have you considered other alternatives like gelatin or foam latex appliances?

·
Resident Lunatic
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I downloaded a video of a makeup job using gelatin and liquid latex. It looks good and fairly easy albeit time consuming. This is probably the process I'll use. Good idea for the hand, but I seldom make up my hands. We usually have lots to eat, and hand makeup could make it a little more difficult to eat and handle food. Gotta have my food. I didn't make up my hands last Halloween either, as you can see.

I got some comments about my hands but. . .FOOD!

There may be other questions forthcoming about the Krueger costume.

Thanks again.

B

·
0 Posts
Any time...as for the hands, you would only do the back of the left hand. And the right of course would have the golve.

I'll help ya out any way I can. I know a thing or two about Freddy. :D Great beetlejuice by the way.

·
Resident Lunatic
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, Bear. The wig and makeup were nothing. The costume took some effort. That is a woman's suit by the way. Notice the way it buttons. It's not easy to find a decent man's white suit at the salvation army store. Luckily I'm not too big.

B

·
0 Posts
LOL...you just gotta think outside the box, rather than finding a white suit and painting black stripes...get a black one and paint white stripes. Great job either way.

·
Don't Drink and Fly!!
2,959 Posts
Great Beetlejuice, RRguy. I'm with Bear, better to have too much than too little, and I have found that liquid latex lasts a couple of years, if sealed well and stored in moderate temps. (Yes, that means I found out the hard way about putting my makeup in the attic where it is not heated OR cooled!!! :eek: Now it lives in a big tackle box in my bedroom closet.)

·
Resident Lunatic
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
A black suit with white stripes. Why didn't I think of that.

I've had liquid latex dry up before. Thanks for the storage advice, Hooch.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Hey RRguy, if its to much trouble and you have some extra $$$ you could always buy a silicone mask, i got one last year and it worked out great for me. if you have never used silicone before it forms to your face and are able to move your mouth and everything, heres a link to some picks http://www.halloweenforum.com/halloween-costume-ideas/75119-me-halloween-08-a.html
also i used liquid latex on my left hand and it worked out very well, i was able to eat with it very easily after it dryed

·
Resident Lunatic
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Good looking Freddy, frost. Actually not really good looking but rather hideous. Very impressive.

Thanks for the suggestions. Might be worth considering.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Now that is a lot of brass air fittingDistributor[/url] there is just about every type
of air fitting that you could want. Wholesale prices too. I guess these could be used as small water pipe fitting also. I
used some of the parts to make my babington wvo burner.

·
Resident Lunatic
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
While we're on the subject, I'm planning to shave my whiskers before the makeup job. I heard liquid latex and hair don't play well together. I would rather not shave my eyebrows. Is there an easy way to protect them?

B

·
0 Posts
While we're on the subject, I'm planning to shave my whiskers before the makeup job. I heard liquid latex and hair don't play well together. I would rather not shave my eyebrows. Is there an easy way to protect them?

petroleum jelly

1 - 20 of 25 Posts